Holiday Projects.. what are you planning

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SeshSesh Frets: 1843
    I have a 3m second hand piece of kitchen work top to install in the garage as a work bench. That's going to be an epic faff, even for me. Then the old saga Tele kit might get a fettle.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    I'm hoping to start assembling the Orange/Pink Tele.... maybe!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    Refinishing & HS modding my ChIbanez Iceman for a shitt red paint job to a W

hite/Glitter/Epoxy finish

Glitter going in the clear coat

Should be fun
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Gizmo said:
    Refinishing & HS modding my ChIbanez Iceman for a shitt red paint job to a W

hite/Glitter/Epoxy finish

Glitter going in the clear coat

Should be fun
    Pop in to b&q... they do a clear acrylic lacquer with metal flake in it...

http://a65.tinypic.com/iv9smg.jpg

And under dim lighting

http://a66.tinypic.com/27ypylk.jpg

In daylight it sparkles lots!!!!!
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    @poopot ; that does look cool (i'll add some to the shopping list) but this stuff also has snowflakes in it ,prefect for my Icemaiden ;) 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2583
    tFB Trader
    @Gizmo, wow want to see the final result on that

@poopot does the BNQ paint dry hard enough? - giving me ideas!

• NomadNomad Frets: 549
    Nomad said:

I shall be engaging in the on-going up-tartage of my workshop. Haven't done much woodwork since early this year, so I've been easing myself back in with little projects that have nothing to do with guitars, but decided that the workshop needed a serious seeing-to.)

I have one of those too, but as soon as I sort it it becomes a mess, I recently built an upstairs sections to try and separate the different types of mess, hopefully it will work better in 2018. Good luck

I discovered that the shelving unit has been invented and became an Ikea fanboi for a while as a strategy for getting loads of crap out of the workshop. I still have to sort through all that crap once the workshop is ship-shape, and I need to empty the other crap out of the hall cupboard and put more shelving in there to get that crap into some semblance of order before I chuck half of it out.

I put a tool wall up in the workshop, and that's helped quite a lot. It's mainly for holding all the things that never had a proper place to go and just laid around getting in the way (usually falling over when I tried to get to something else). Also got a couple of tool chests for the smaller things. I'm finding that it's a bit easier to tidy up a bench now, although I still have to move crap about and then put it back.

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    edited December 2017
    @Gizmo, wow want to see the final result on that

@poopot does the BNQ paint dry hard enough? - giving me ideas!

@Modulus_Amps yes, it’s “rustins clear sparkle”. It’s a regular acrylic clear coat just with lots of glitter in it... 

this was the full combo!!!!

http://a63.tinypic.com/i2oa2w.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    I was going to build a Precision-style bass but a mint Gibson Les Paul 70s Tribute came up for sale on Facebook by a fella literally a stone's through from my house for £230, so I bought that instead.  =)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    After Christmas we are going to hire a skip.  Lots of stuff to go in it including bits of old amps and a speaker cabinet.  It is amazing just how much that gets hoarded.  Well not any more.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I’m working all over the XMas break though I might get round to fettling a few guitars and potter about with my Axe-Fx
    tFB Trader
    @Rocker said:
    After Christmas we are going to hire a skip.  Lots of stuff to go in it including bits of old amps and a speaker cabinet.  It is amazing just how much that gets hoarded.  Well not any more.
    bits of old amps??? send me photo's I may send my own skip around

• MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    I've got a HSS set of Bulldog pickups that sound incredible, but have been sitting unused in my odds'n'sods drawer for several years.  January might be the push for me to finally get them into a build.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549
    Nomad said:

With a bit of luck, the briar blanks and pipe mouthpieces I ordered from Greece will have arrived, and I might have go at making a pipe.

The pipe making bits did indeed turn up. They look like this...

And a pipe has been made...

I'm well pleased with it - looks nice and smokes like a champ.

I have to say, it was a pleasure to work in a workshop that isn't an unmitigated tip. Still got boxes of crap to sort out, and I keep going to the wrong places to find things because everything has moved around, but it's the best it's ever been - in the orders of magnitude range in terms of what it was like before I started with the new machine bench ( which created lots of storage, which then created space and order elsewhere).

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Nomad said:
    Nomad said:

With a bit of luck, the briar blanks and pipe mouthpieces I ordered from Greece will have arrived, and I might have go at making a pipe.

The pipe making bits did indeed turn up. They look like this...

And a pipe has been made...

I'm well pleased with it - looks nice and smokes like a champ.

I have to say, it was a pleasure to work in a workshop that isn't an unmitigated tip. Still got boxes of crap to sort out, and I keep going to the wrong places to find things because everything has moved around, but it's the best it's ever been - in the orders of magnitude range in terms of what it was like before I started with the new machine bench ( which created lots of storage, which then created space and order elsewhere).

wow nice work