Holiday Projects.. what are you planning

What's Hot
Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2583
So after spending all my time helping others with there projects I finally get to go on holiday and build something for myself. So I am going to build a jcm800 2204 small box clone, just because I have never actually built one stock and then after that I have a AC15 custom type amp to put together too which should be fun.

What are you guys planning on building/modding over the holidays?
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27604
    I'm planning on getting ready for the 2018 Q1 m&m challenge
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28370
    I'm going to finish the new CNC bench, then move the little PCB CNC to the workshop and get it running.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1777
    I’ll hopefully be finishing my Timmy pedal clone. If it works then I might start another build, then finish that one Christmas 2018
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12390
    Planning on lacquering my too pale stray neck  
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549

I shall be engaging in the on-going up-tartage of my workshop. The next stage should enable me to get several boxes of crap out the way - a big full-width shelf above the machine bench (picked up the steel support frame for it this afternoon).

With a bit of luck, the briar blanks and pipe mouthpieces I ordered from Greece will have arrived, and I might have go at making a pipe. If not, I'll make some more storage thingies for organising my pipe paraphernalia, and maybe some more tool danglers for the tool wall. If I get the mess tidied up enough, I might dig up the neck and body for my doublecut build and look at it with semi-serious intent. (Haven't done much woodwork since early this year, so I've been easing myself back in with little projects that have nothing to do with guitars, but decided that the workshop needed a serious seeing-to.)

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Swapping the Jackson JT590 bridge from the red shredder to my Jackson Dinky as the replacement trem currently in the Dinky is absolutely fucked. In turn a OFR is going into the red shredder. A HSH set of Dimarzio Evos are going into the Jackson Dinky, a HH set of Dimarzio D'Activators are going into the red shredder to replace the SD Custom 5 & Alnico2 which in turn are going into my green Washburn Mercury.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    I’ve got one more Christmas present to complete. After that I’ll give the workshop a break for a few days. My holiday plan is to drink and play games with the kids (aged 30, 33, and 35) and their partners.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2583
    tFB Trader
    @TTony said:
    ;)
    I love M&M's what it the challenge exactly, and where does one enter?
    tFB Trader
    Nomad said:

I shall be engaging in the on-going up-tartage of my workshop. Haven't done much woodwork since early this year, so I've been easing myself back in with little projects that have nothing to do with guitars, but decided that the workshop needed a serious seeing-to.)

I have one of those too, but as soon as I sort it it becomes a mess, I recently built an upstairs sections to try and separate the different types of mess, hopefully it will work better in 2018. Good luck

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27604
    TTony said:
    ;)
    I love M&M's what it the challenge exactly, and where does one enter?
    We've run various "challenges" in the making & modding section in years gone by.  Things like "build a £100 guitar" or "mod a HB" and various others than I can't remember right now.

The challenge isn't so much about winning against the other entrants - its more about giving yourself a challenge, putting a timescale to it so that it's actually finished, and documenting the process in a thread on here to share the detail (ups & downs) of how you've done whatever it is you're going to do.

We've not had one for a while, so the idea this time around is to fun something that's going to be open to the widest possible number of entrants given that not everyone wants another £100 guitar, whilst some others wants exactly that.

There's a long discussion already about what it might be, and it's going to be pretty much along the lines discussed.  All to be revealed some time between Christmas & New Year, challenge to run through Q1.

:)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3171
    tFB Trader
    I've got a bunch of valve radios to finish restoring, one of which (a VHF-only unit) is proving to be a right PITA.

I've got enough spare bits hanging around for an 18w head so will put that together I think.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    I’ll be levelling the ground for the new workshop with the 16 tonne delivery of course run stone I just got...

https://i.imgur.com/2j41YHb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XaRHlL1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5ZcLg9E.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    So after spending all my time helping others with there projects I finally get to go on holiday and build something for myself. So I am going to build a jcm800 2204 small box clone, just because I have never actually built one stock and then after that I have a AC15 custom type amp to put together too which should be fun.

That sounds very cool - will you do a build thread? 

Im putting together a TS clone for a mates Xmas present and an artist friend is doing some cool stuff with the enclosure. 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    edited December 2017
    Gathering parts for another Mustang build with a twist or two.......not started assembling anything yet, as Im waiting to see what the New Year challenge is about...
    I have the neck and locking tuners in stock along with electrics and control plate, the Swamp Ash body is custom routed and is currently sitting in a Customs warehouse, having winged its way from the other side of the pond, waiting for a letter to arrive telling me how much duty I have to pay...colour is sorted and the rattle cans are on standby, headstock decal is also here...another Toronado bridge will be modded from 6 saddle string through to three saddle top loader...looking forward to getting started.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

tFB Trader
    @rico said:

That sounds very cool - will you do a build thread? 

Probably will do for the JCM800, but not for the AC15 build
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    That’s what I meant ^ awesome
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1243
    I'm hoping to get started on my Tele build, as I've now had all the non-electric parts for a good few weeks now.
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2926
    tFB Trader
    I'm just hoping to escape from DIY hell and get back to the workshop. Finish the Firebird, acoustic rebuild and build an 18-watter. I've got two Mojo P90s and a slab of mahogany for a neck but can't decide what to do with them. No rush though.
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    edited December 2017
    I’m getting a notched straight edge for Christmas, so I’ll be levelling and recrowning my B.C.Rich Flying V’s frets.
  • Need to finish out my new pedal board! TH I need to make some decisions about what’s actually making it onto it first :)

I've also got a Triode JCM 2204 amp kit that I brought back from the states a while (years!) ago that I might finally get around to as well.