Amazon postage rip off!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11879
    Sporky said:
    RaymondLin said:

4 - Their customer service, the best online, bar none, being the size that they are, it is quite amazing really, and it is 24/7 because you can do chat online.  And if you have a late delivery, they will give you a month of Prime for free.

No.

Amazon doesn't do customer service.

They do sending you another one.

They are a logistics company - their two solutions are to send another one, or to give you some money back.

Try getting a replacement for a lithium ion battery that turns up damaged and you'll see how bad they are at service. You can't return a damaged battery, so they can't give you a refund. Their processes simply can't cope.
    A brand new replacement is pretty good ! If all companies do that it would save me a lot of hassle.

And yes, I have had the battery thing and it wasn't even my doing.  They had dropped off the wrong item in the locker, I told them about it, they are happy to send me what i ordered but to send back the item they left to me, a little USB batter thing, they can only send courier to pick it up.  I had told them I am at work and no where to pick it up.  I gave them 2 options

1 - send me a return address label and I will use my own time to drop it off at the post office
    2 - send me a refund on the postage

They couldn't do either, and in the end, they just gave up and let me keep it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28435
    It's not the worst solution, but it's not really great service. It's make-the-problem-go-away.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    It's not the worst solution, but it's not really great service. It's make-the-problem-go-away.
    For me, solve the problem in the SHORTEST time possible is the best solution.  The last thing i need is faff, it's why I like Apple "genius" bar when you have a broken iPhone, they just hand you a new (refurb) one on the spot.  So the only thing you need to remember is back up beforehand and you will be back online the minute you step out the door and download back up from the Cloud.

Amazon is the same, I don't want to faff with this and that, it's a simple transaction with me giving them money and they give me goods.  Either give me my money back or the goods I ordered.  They are great and doing both.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4930
    Well, I've just signed up to Prime, whch includes free postage.
  • I use Prime for over 3 years now and I always get the stuff next day. If I don't- email and refund - never had any problems.

Also - if you don't like their prices- shop elsewhere mate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12400
    I have prime and literally never get anything next day always takes 2 days minimum, I have emailed them a few times and got an extra month free, they will not address the fact they don't provide what they advertise.  However does not stop me using them as very convenient.
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3172
    tFB Trader
    I use Prime pretty much everyday for stuff, it always turns up the next day unless they stated otherwise when I ordered.

I’ve also worked out that when you get the ‘Out for Delivery’ notification, it’ll be with you within an hour as the delivery drivers work in 1 hour batches.

Being able to order stuff for delivery 7-days a week for £7.99 a month is brilliant. 
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

edited December 2017
    If you live in London or Birmingham Centre (or work there), you can get same day delivery, actually within 2 hours, or within 1 hour if you pay a little extra like £5.99.

I used to do that when I worked in Birmingham, I could order at lunch time and it will arrive before I go home.  And delivery is included with Prime. 

You can't beat that.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Those of us who pay for prime would get a bit frustrated if next day was free without paying for Prime. There's also the thing that next day is quite a luxury whereas standard delivery, usually only a few days, gives you the choice of free delivery. It doesn't have to be all now now now.

Plus if you're a stay at home dad, urgent delivery wouldn't be such a big deal I'd have thought, just stream the CD via Spotify if you can't wait for it maybe
    Not expecting free postage - £3 would be more reasonable though. It's an Xmas present so I want to definetly have it before the weekend. Even though I'm at home a lot, never underestimate the abillity of couriers to turn up when no one's in.
    I use Prime for over 3 years now and I always get the stuff next day. If I don't- email and refund - never had any problems.

Also - if you don't like their prices- shop elsewhere mate.
    If you'd paid attention mate, you'd have known that I did =)
    Octafish said:

The other thing is Amazon lockers.  

I buy a lot of things online and gets to a point it’s embarrassing when something arrives at work everyday so I send it to local amazon locker which I pick it up when I do my shopping.  No need to sign for, it’s there conveniently when I pick up my food too.
    Fair enough, I get around that issue by being a stay at home Dad .

Going completely off-topic, are you the guy who's done some photography for Chase Bliss? If so you posted a short gif earlier in the year of you demoing a reverb pedal, some US boutique thing (proabably analogue). If so do you remember what it was, sounded really nice, but I lost the link I saved.
    Ah yes, that's me.  I actually had the pleasure of meeting Joel and the man behind Knobs (YouTube Demo Channel) the other week.  

The reverb pedal you are thinking of is Hungry Robot Stargazer. 

Here are a few tricks with Amazon that I like to use which isn't on other sites.

1 - You can get plugins to track the price of any item.  You can see historic prices so you know at an instant whether the price you are looking at are super cheap (and likely to shoot up again soon, like a pricing error) or it's the same as always.  Or simply Amazon put it up and then lower it down for Black Friday Sale, making it look like its a sale.  They do that, and there are ways to catch them out.

2 - If you sign up to Prime, and pick the free delivery options, you get credits back from other parts of the store, like Pantry stuff (food), or media credits (MP3).  So if you don't need something urgently, and you can use these credits, it's almost free money.

3 - The other stuff like Prime video, Music and Cloud Store, a huge bonus if you use them.

4 - Their customer service, the best online, bar none, being the size that they are, it is quite amazing really, and it is 24/7 because you can do chat online.  And if you have a late delivery, they will give you a month of Prime for free.

5 - I like the Amazon Lockers, i like they deliver on Sundays.

Sample of tracker plugin below.

Thanks that's the one, nice deep sound. Will have to check them out, anyway that's enough about effects pedal anyone would think this a guitar forum :s
  • Quick update - I should get my copy of Skid Row's 1989 album tomorrow!  I thought that I would get it together with the Steeler album, but it was sent out separate.  The Skid Row album cost me a mere £5.99.    

The Amazon app is essential if you're a Prime customer because you get notifications and you can tell when your stuff is out for delivery.  
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Octafish said:
    I haven't used Amazon for some time. Just went to order 1 book and 1 CD and the tax avoiding wankers want £5.99 for next day delivery, what a piss take! They also insist you enter and save you card details, I don't want my card stored with these shits. Ordered elswhere, items cost a bit more, but don't have to save my card details, next day guaranteed delivery was half of Amazon's and they give the full bill total without me having to enter my card details. I assume Amazon are trying to claw back some profit on postage?
    Amazon rip off ... see fixed it.

I love the mugs who sign up for Prime as they get free postage yet pay over the odds for the items. Just see what they're currently doing in the US .. capitalism at its worse. Don't buy from them ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Fretwired said:
    Octafish said:
    I haven't used Amazon for some time. Just went to order 1 book and 1 CD and the tax avoiding wankers want £5.99 for next day delivery, what a piss take! They also insist you enter and save you card details, I don't want my card stored with these shits. Ordered elswhere, items cost a bit more, but don't have to save my card details, next day guaranteed delivery was half of Amazon's and they give the full bill total without me having to enter my card details. I assume Amazon are trying to claw back some profit on postage?
    Amazon rip off ... see fixed it.

I love the mugs who sign up for Prime as they get free postage yet pay over the odds for the items. Just see what they're currently doing in the US .. capitalism at its worse. Don't buy from them ..
    I'm sure some people pay over the odds for some things if they don't check but it's fairly easy not to with the aforementioned Camel website, and or a quick Google search
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic