Recovered from the folks' loft...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Has it got any paperwork? If not, I believe the going rate for an unidentifiable guitar in relic condition is £4k  
    OP needs to post a video tho...
    A video?
    Whassit sound like..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Has it got any paperwork? If not, I believe the going rate for an unidentifiable guitar in relic condition is £4k  
    OP needs to post a video tho...
    A video?
    Whassit sound like..
    Once I've got it back from Aberdeenshire, and had it cleaned and restrung, I'll see how video-worthy it is.
  • A wee bump for this thread.

For continuing financial reasons, I'll not only be selling (hopefully, eventually) my Roadworn JM, but also an FSR Ltd Edition 52 Vintage Tele RI (roasted ash) which will leave me with just my Johnny Marr Jag in London, BUT I'll be getting the guitar in this post sent down from Aberdeenshire, and getting it dusted off and brought back to a playable standard.

Any places/people anyone can recommend to give this Tele a good hearty buffing & restoring?
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440

Any places/people anyone can recommend to give this Tele a good hearty buffing & restoring?
    Alnico said:

You're in London.
    Feline Guitars are in London.

You're golden.
    :)
    See above :) 

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• UPDATE: It’s had a big clean-up and rewiring job from the mighty Kev (Denmark St guitar tech extraordinaire), and it looks great, but the stock pickups sound terrible, and might need a new harness because of scratchy pots/pickup switch. First things first: having some CS 51 Nocaster pickups put in, and see about the rest later.

Tarting up my beloved teen electric is beginning to feel like buying a battered Vauxhall Nova and putting a stereo, twat-lamps and enough extras in/on it that the additions cost double the price of the car, but I’d rather it sounded good. Not expecting miracles, but feels like progress.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    UPDATE: It’s had a big clean-up and rewiring job from the mighty Kev (Denmark St guitar tech extraordinaire), and it looks great, but the stock pickups sound terrible, and might need a new harness because of scratchy pots/pickup switch. First things first: having some CS 51 Nocaster pickups put in, and see about the rest later.

Tarting up my beloved teen electric is beginning to feel like buying a battered Vauxhall Nova and putting a stereo, twat-lamps and enough extras in/on it that the additions cost double the price of the car, but I’d rather it sounded good. Not expecting miracles, but feels like progress.
    Stairway to Kevin Kev?  He's the MAN.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoans said:
    UPDATE: It’s had a big clean-up and rewiring job from the mighty Kev (Denmark St guitar tech extraordinaire), and it looks great, but the stock pickups sound terrible, and might need a new harness because of scratchy pots/pickup switch. First things first: having some CS 51 Nocaster pickups put in, and see about the rest later.

Stairway to Kevin Kev?  He's the MAN.
    He is superb at what he does, and one of his suggestions was the Nocaster pickups.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Nice find!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Well it’s all cleaned up, rewired, with new harness and lead jack, and fitted with CS Nocaster pickups, and it sounds alright, but not really doing it for me.

I still have the original pickups and harness. How much do you think I could get for this guitar if I sold it?
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Well it’s all cleaned up, rewired, with new harness and lead jack, and fitted with CS Nocaster pickups, and it sounds alright, but not really doing it for me.

I still have the original pickups and harness. How much do you think I could get for this guitar if I sold it?
    18months?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

18months?
    If it was community service, I’d accept.