Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The compliments thread

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    Y'see?  We CAN act like grown-ups sometimes...

Nothing much to add, but I must mention @Strangefan - it was a pleasure to see him reunited with his beloved L50, which it turns out I had been minding for him.

Also to @guitars4you for doing me a decent deal on that 72 SG - with some of the recent bad press about shops and dealers, I found Mark a gent to deal with.

Happy New Year! (specially for @axisus LOL)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    This is the only forum I'm on so I'd like to thank all of you for making it the best forum in the world.
    I've learnt a lot on here, least of which is that you're all a bunch of obsessive maniacs. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Thanks to @axisus for making me laugh every day. Damn you're funny
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    axisus said:
    Are you reading the same fretboard as us??
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4704
    edited December 2017
    I've had a great year on here.  Learned a lot, laughed a lot, WTF'd a lot,

This is a brilliant place and I should like to thank nearly everybody for nearly everything - people for selling me nice guitars, people who've bought from me, ICBM who seems to know everything yet has time and patience for everyone.

I look forward to meeting a few more members in 2018.

Happy New Year.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    It's a great forum.
    Entertaining, informative and mostly civilised.
    Thanks to everybody front of house and behind the scenes.
    A happy new year to all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    I only noticed that I had omitted @ICBM from my list of compliments to theFretboard posters.  I can't explain why but I forgot as he was meant to be the first name on my list.  So my apologies to ICBM for inadvertently leaving him out and a belated thanks for all the help, suggestions and guidance he has so freely given to this website.  Well done Sir, take a bow....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiS said:
    I'm game..

Thankful to the forum in general. It's inspiring and insightful, and full of great people who share similar passions and from all different backgrounds to make it interesting. 
    Suppose @Legionreturns should get a mention as I am looking forward to Northjam, and as he's responsible for a little delay pedal on my board.. ;) 

Cheers all! 
    I think I still have the box for that delay pedal if you want it? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6083
    Happy New Year to all and a big thank you to mods for making the fretboard the coolest, funnest forum around.

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1946
    @TTony ; : Thanks for all the hard working in moderating the forum. 
    @ICBM : Thanks for being a general hero :-)

also a big thanks to all the great players and gear heads who make this such a great place to discuss guitar stuff. I think the forum is evolving into something much better than it was 3 months ago, so it's nice to end the year feeling like the forum is going in a good direction. 

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited December 2017
    My Mum's hairdresser sent her an email and in it she said what a delight it was to meet me and that I am a nice looking Man...!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Are you reading the same fretboard as us??
    I'm mostly in the alternate universe version. You're all funnier there.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    edited January 2018
    Thanks to all the usual experts - you know who you are - but the biggest thanks by a country mile to @TTony for "keeping his head when all about him were losing theirs and blaming it on him".
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27611
    edited January 2018
    Don't think I've ever been tagged so much in a single thread (that's not a challenge btw), and certainly not as positively!

But it's not just me.  @digitalscream ; has stayed with us, perhaps a little more in the background but with us nonetheless through the last few months when I'm sure it would have been easier for him to have walked away.  So my thanks, and at least half of all those sent my way, go to him.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Chalky said:
    Thanks to all the usual experts - you know who you are - but the biggest thanks by a country mile to @TTony for "keeping his head when all about him were losing theirs and blaming it on him".

Steady on. He'll be wanting a pay rise............

• WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    I was worried this thread was going to descend into silliness - but it hasn't. And I'm pleased, as we have a lot to be thankful for, and we are lucky to have a community like this to support our interest
    I think it was an excellent idea and hopefully will go on like the the Clairebear thread. I think we forget all the good stuff that goes on.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Wolfetone said:
    I was worried this thread was going to descend into silliness - but it hasn't. And I'm pleased, as we have a lot to be thankful for, and we are lucky to have a community like this to support our interest
    I think it was an excellent idea and hopefully will go on like the the Clairebear thread. I think we forget all the good stuff that goes on.
    This is very true. I'm glad @TTony has had plenty of tags - he does a lot behind the scenes that most don't see
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

@Antique_Guitars for posting this terrifying thing, which is what made me sign up here in the first place!  (Anyone remember it?)

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/2292/23-string-harp-lute-that-i-have-made/p1