Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4175
    Cripes, that's a lot of guitars!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikem8634mikem8634 Frets: 382
    AX230T has something of a Gretschy vibe - nice
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    They have really upped their game. A few years all they did was black stuff... please have an AZ at the next guitsr show
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    They are still not making what I might really be interested in, which is a 22 fret HSH superstrat, with high quality non-locking trem. The AZs look good, but all the 22 fret ones seem to be HSS.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1797
    Always had a lot of time for Ibanez and you cant really knock them they turnover a bloody fortune round the world in music stuff . 
    But the size of the catalog has jumped from 60 odd pages last year to 159 this year obviously spacing them out but its a huge range these days. It seems they like to have something at every price and segment of all their competitors even some that look like the Yamaha  RS range some Gretsch etc etc.  I loved my S series and should never let it go in the clear out 5 years ago still want to get a decent Japanese S great guitars. 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1956
    Philtre said:
    Cripes, that's a lot of guitars!
    And yet all of them leave me cold.

I liked the Loch Ness Green JEM, but the stupid price put me off.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14543
    The SRH-500 Bridgehouse signature bass ought to be on the same page as the other Artist models.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5789
    I’ve had the chance to have two of their bottom of the range basses here for the last few days. To say I’m impressed is a massive understatement. They both play beautifully straight off the shelf, are faultlessly put together and are a joy in every way. 

This one is just impossible to put down, totally smitten. 

http://www.ibanez.com/products/eb_detail17.php?year=2017&area_id=4&cat_id=2&series_id=55&data_id=421&color=CL01

• StefBStefB Frets: 2356
    The AZs are stunning but at £1,799 for a Japanese Prestige model, or £1,049 for an Indonesian Premium, it'd take a brave man to take a punt on a brand new one. 
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited January 2018
    Some cool burst colours, but I find the new hardtail bridge really ugly.

I like the new headstock logo and maple style.

Love the AZ sunset fade finish.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Feels like they’re missing a trick not making a new Andy Timmons sig based on the AZ rather than an RG series guitar
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    The SRH-500 Bridgehouse signature bass ought to be on the same page as the other Artist models.
    Ibanez contacted me about having it as a signature bass but to be honest the pittance they offered as sponsorship meant it was a big NO from me.

And Fender's offer for a '64 Bridgehouse Reissue was also laughable.

Neither of them offered a Bentley
  • longshinslongshins Frets: 246
    That AZ really does it for me, reminds me of a Suhr. 
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Not that keen on the AZ but I love the Genesis Collection for the accurate RG550 reissue.

And I still want a PS10.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    I quite like the AZ. However, an RG550 in Neon Purple or Yellow is the ticket - I just wish I could shred!
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    The AZ is well over due Id say... Ibanez went properly stagnent over the last few years and  i love Ibanez stuff. Levi Clay has done a video on this new catalogue  (and i did laugh when he said he was just doing it for content... tounge firmly in cheek there)

• I'm definitely interested in one of those AZ's, as well as the PGM200 with Mini Humbuckers <3
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3315
    edited January 2018
    The AZs look good and the Prestige ones could give the Suhrs a run for their money as some are closer to the Antiques in spec but cheaper.
  • thecatmanthecatman Frets: 1
    edited January 2018
    Check out youtuber remyhansen.
    He has 2 videos of the AZ up right there, as well as some RG's and some pedals from the 2018 line.
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    some great stuff there and agree the AZs look very nice indeed. Could do with a new Jem though (and also agree the price for the LNG reissue was bonkers - although having said that, there's a localish shop round here selling a FP2 for over £3k!!).