What's Hot
2»

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3315
    Nice demo

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3399
    edited January 2018
    Loving the AZ and the Martin Miller sig.

Better raid the penny jar...! Thanks for the link!
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3399
    Jeebs, not cheap.... some of them at Dawsons:

https://www.dawsons.co.uk/guitars/electric-guitars/brand-ibanez
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5546
    edited January 2018
    Is this the first time they've softened the pointy headstock? Looks a bit JTV Variax now.
  • Slightly annoying that they can apparently knock out Japanese RG550s for £900, when the Joe Satriani signature is £2169.....
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Slightly annoying that they can apparently knock out Japanese RG550s for £900, when the Joe Satriani signature is £2169.....
    Joe has to get the money for those woolly hats to keep his head warm from somewhere y'know!
  • Slightly annoying that they can apparently knock out Japanese RG550s for £900, when the Joe Satriani signature is £2169.....
    Joe has to get the money for those woolly hats to keep his head warm from somewhere y'know!
    Ah, that makes sense. I was beginning to think he built the guitars himself for that price.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Slightly annoying that they can apparently knock out Japanese RG550s for £900, when the Joe Satriani signature is £2169.....
    Ah, that makes sense. I was beginning to think he built the guitars himself for that price.
    He sprinkles his special mojo on each and every one of them
    He sprinkles his special mojo on each and every one of them

[adds to basket]
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BowksBowks Frets: 414
    I see they have dropped Tosin Abasi from the roster, following what I perceive as his shafting of Ibanez. 

Loving the RG550s.
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    edited January 2018
    Oh my giddy aunt.......page 46 AR2619. A thing of beauty. It's very nearly an SG2000.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/new/ar2619/av/f1427810/IMG_1480s.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    ^^^ That AR2619 is even prettier than an SG2000  (IMO)    [-O<

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7788
    edited January 2018
    AZs are odd, chasing the Suhr market. 

Uninspiring for the most part aside from the cool blueburst/nat sides finishes.
    IMO
    Andy Timmons models need more deluxe options (only sig player I can relate to on their roster and they should exploit this)  MIj models with different finishes, roasted maple, no pg flame tops etc. 

Talmans have always been cool but again need more options; upscale thinline filtertron, bigsby, 12 stringer etc. Basically more Reverend less Aria

I always though their hollowbodies are Incredibly ugly. The 335s are way to heavy and tacky looking. Need to be more classic. The artcore are just ugly and uninspiring, should take more inspiration from recent Gretsch streamliners, Guild starfires and loars like this:

https://m.thomann.de/gb/the_loar_lh_306t_gn.htm?o=12&search=1514731548

• dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    AZs are odd, chasing the Suhr market. 

Uninspiring for the most part aside from the cool blueburst/nat sides finishes.
    IMO
    Andy Timmons models need more deluxe options (only sig player I can relate to on their roster and they should exploit this)  MIj models with different finishes, roasted maple, no pg flame tops etc. 

Talmans have always been cool but again need more options; upscale thinline filtertron, bigsby, 12 stringer etc. Basically more Reverend less Aria

I always though their hollowbodies are Incredibly ugly. The 335s are way to heavy and tacky looking. Need to be more classic. The artcore are just ugly and uninspiring, should take more inspiration from recent Gretsch streamliners, Guild starfires and loars like this:

https://m.thomann.de/gb/the_loar_lh_306t_gn.htm?o=12&search=1514731548

Talking of Reverend, and kinda relevant to what Ibanaez are doing with the AZ, anyone else notice that on the Revend website they’ve moved over to roasted maple on all their maple necks. Smart move me thinks.
  • vincechu89vincechu89 Frets: 92
    edited January 2018
    As a Suhr owner, I am quite impressed with Ibanez's AZ series - Suhr-like spec at 25% less, I have been quite surprised that there hasn't been a Japanese high-end S type guitar from any of the non-boutique brands (e.g. Momose, not counting Yamaha as they have dropped the higher end Pacificas).

Kebabkid said:
    Nice demo

It sounds OK, but not quite stratty enough from this, I can't explain it but it's a little off - I guess we'll have to hear more demos. I'm really hoping the AZ series can do stratty quite well.

If the AZ series plays and sounds well, then it will really give Suhr a run for their money. I agree that the finishes aren't exciting, but I guess that can change if there is better up-take.

One things for sure, more competition can only be good for us consumers! I think Fender has had it too easy for a while, but with the AZ series and the Music Man Cutlass released last year, they really need to do better.

• jrc2806jrc2806 Frets: 64
    The softened headstock on the AZ range is reminiscent (to me at least) of the early 80s Blazer models.

Serious GAS for one of the RG550s!!
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3315
    edited January 2018
    And it's not just Suhr Ibanez are chasing. The Tom Quayle model is quite 'Charvel Guthrie'

http://www.musicradar.com/news/namm-2018-ibanez-debuts-tom-quayle-signature-guitar

I can't wait to try this range.

Tom Quayle is also Dawson's Music new demo guy. His predecessor, Lee Wrathe, has gone over to Ibanez and was involved with the models.