Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SORTED - If you had just one Telecaster.....

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    JohnPerry said:
    Alnico said:
    For the bridge, I'd have whatever @Alnico had in his Baja. It was the best sounding Tele I've ever heard. In the neck I'd go for a tappable P90. @SteveRobinson put two tappable P90s in the Tele he built me and the neck sound is just beautiful.
    Thanks man,

It was and still might be, an Oil City Alligator.

@JohnPerry ; ?
    it now has a Custom Shop Esquire pickup in the bridge and a Mojo Broadcaster in the neck. Never really got on with the Alligator or the other one.

Must say I think Mojo Marc's Broadcasters are the best Tele pickups I've heard

That's lovely to hear that body is still doing what it does best and bringing the best out of every pickup it wears.
    No matter what configuration it's being used in, it's always going to be stunning.
    Nice to hear about it again.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2402
    My fave Tele has Alan Hamel pickups in it, owned it 15 years now and nothing comes close.....not sure what they are, the neck is quite a tall pickup but sounds nothing like the Twisted Tele he created, and the bridge is very raw but again not like the Custom Shop Broadcaster type. Would be curious to try out the much hyped Ron Ellis pickups but I ain't paying £700 to the speculators nor waiting three years for him to make me a set. Alan Hamel taught Ellis to wind btw.
  • Dimarzio Pre B1 in the bridge and Mojo WRHB in the neck.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/