Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bax Music?

What's Hot
Anyone got anything good to say about them? They have something I am interested in at what seems like an incredible price but Trust Pilot reviews are a bit mixed. Not that I would entirely trust Trust Pilot reviews
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5442
    It’s a legit shop, although apparently they treat their employees like garbage. An expose made the rounds a year or two ago - I can’t find it now quickly but I’ll keep looking. 
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    bought a pedal over xmas period - apart from them using Herpes to deliver seemed straight fwd purchase  ..
    but did arrive with a euro plug power supply - which they then added a euro to uk travel adapter ..
  • I ordered a bass from them. It arrived in good time and packaged well with courier tracking etc. Etc.

I was a little put off by the trust pilot reviews at first but decided to go with it using PayPal as they're normally pretty good with protection but didn't need it! 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    Bought a few things . No issues at all.
  • I have used them several times with no problems at all. They are a Dutch company with an ambition to rival the likes of Thomann, but for me they have one big advantage over Thomann - they have a different 'shop window' and office address for each country. As I live in France that means I can use one of the French delivery options, usually having my stuff sent to my local supermarket so I can collect it at my convenience, and I can use the free multiple payment options that are standard with French retailers. (These usually make staggered payments against your bank card.)
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    I've used them - no issues.
  • BodBod Frets: 1316
    I used them once and it was and awful stressful caper.  The hassle was certainly not worth the tenner or so I saved.
  • I bought a new guitar from them that had clearly been previously used and returned and was damaged. They refunded and paid return shipping and the process was very easy though. Would probably buy from again but maybe not a guitar, I don’t like a company who isn’t honest that an item has been returned 

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Bought a guitar. Didn’t get on with the wider nut. Sent it back. No problem at all. Would happily use again.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• No issues so far, bought a few things that have been delivered on time.
  • Thanks all for the feedback, mixed feelings then @Whitecat if you find that expose I would be interested, a purchese here will save me a few hundred but i do have some ethics
  • Check out the comments on their Facebook page...
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11806
    Anyone else see this and wonder if it referred to mid-20th century British composer Bax?  I found myself thinking "I didn't know he wrote any guitar music".
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4119
    I ordered 2 things beginning of December.  Only 1 arrived before xmas as they forgot to include the 2nd item.  I returned the 2nd when it arrived after xmas as i didn't like it and exchanged it.  Still waiting for the exchange to arrive.  To be honest ill probably return the exchange item when it eventually arrives as I'm so fed up of waiting for them and their mix up.  I also don't like how their plugs are euro plugs and not uk ones. 

I  fairness the return process was easy just time consuming. 

I'm not buying from them again in future. 
  • Hmmmm they do look a bit unreliable, just very tempted by a H&K Grandmeister deluxe 40 for £872
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13954
    I got my Mesa Express 5:25+ from them in December, Good price, £70 cheaper than anyone else, and all was going well with plenty of order progress emails saying it was picked ready fro despatch then nothing. The girl I spoke to on the phone was unable to confirm anything at all and was reliant on emailing the warehouse in Amsterdam for status, which took 48 hours to sort out. They somehow misplaced the first amp and then proceeded to process an order for another one which was delivered OK a few days later. All in all it took just over a week from placing order for an in stock item to receiving it.

The most frustrating thing was the disconnect between the person on the end of the phone and inability to confirm any information at all regarding what had happened to my order, they are just telesales type people in a UK office and all the action is in Amsterdam and all correspondence between the 2 is by email.

I won't use them again, they seem very reliant on their box shifting auto warehouse picking system and if that goes wrong you struggle to get any info.

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4119
    edited January 2018
    Theres a whole HK40 rig here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/122896588106
  • Tempting
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    Bought some very high end Hi Hat cymbals from them, the price was too good to be true, half price for Paiste 602s. you don't see this anywhere, I was expecting the worst, turned up in 2 days and perfect.  Recommended 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5442
    edited January 2018
    Thanks all for the feedback, mixed feelings then @Whitecat if you find that expose I would be interested, a purchese here will save me a few hundred but i do have some ethics
    Found it. Pop it into Google Translate, it’s in Dutch. 

https://www.omroepzeeland.nl/nieuws/93483/Personeel-is-niets-waard-bij-Bax-shop-video

Things may have improved since obviously, do your homework...