Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bax Music?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• kt66 said:
    Bought some very high end Hi Hat cymbals from them, the price was too good to be true, half price for Paiste 602s. you don't see this anywhere, I was expecting the worst, turned up in 2 days and perfect.  Recommended 
    Thanks for the feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Whitecat said:
    Thanks all for the feedback, mixed feelings then @Whitecat if you find that expose I would be interested, a purchese here will save me a few hundred but i do have some ethics
    Found it. Pop it into Google Translate, it’s in Dutch. 

https://www.omroepzeeland.nl/nieuws/93483/Personeel-is-niets-waard-bij-Bax-shop-video

Things may have improved since obviously, do your homework...
    I did write a lengthy reply but it got lost on posting somehow. I cant be bothered to retype but basically said that it seems to be mainly staffing woes and opening a UK 'shop' without additional staffing that have lead to the problems. They dont seem to be dodgy so much as unreliable due to staffing. I can handle a slow delivery but would be a bit worried about warranty returns.
  • I did one order for some strings & bits last year; to cut a long story short the stuff never arrived and Bax weren't interested in sorting the issue. They used My Hermes as a UK delivery service and I suspect it was them behind the cockup but once it went pear-shaped Bax just weren't interested in resolving things.

I eventually had to resort to a Paypal claim to get my money back. Would never use them again, especially for anything of value.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5442
    As I said initially, it’s a legit shop, definitely not “dodgy” - just with that kind of stuff floating around one needs to decide where they want to spend their money. Again, that was 2016 and things may be better now. 
  • mickster said:
    I did one order for some strings & bits last year; to cut a long story short the stuff never arrived and Bax weren't interested in sorting the issue. They used My Hermes as a UK delivery service and I suspect it was them behind the cockup but once it went pear-shaped Bax just weren't interested in resolving things.

I eventually had to resort to a Paypal claim to get my money back. Would never use them again, especially for anything of value.
    Enough said really I suppose
  • Whitecat said:
    Thanks all for the feedback, mixed feelings then @Whitecat if you find that expose I would be interested, a purchese here will save me a few hundred but i do have some ethics
    Found it. Pop it into Google Translate, it’s in Dutch. 

https://www.omroepzeeland.nl/nieuws/93483/Personeel-is-niets-waard-bij-Bax-shop-video

Things may have improved since obviously, do your homework...
    So basically a Dutch company run by the Bax brothers who have a load of whinging militant workers who won't do a decent days work.  ;)

Actually it reads like they opened the UK 'shop' without considering staffing issues which then leads to poor service and late orders etc.
    Doesn't sound like trading dishonesty so much as don't care for the staff and expanding too quick.
    Perhaps if your not in a hurry it's worth a shot, I would mainly be worried about warranty issues and replacement gear I think rather than a slow delivery which I could cope with for the price.
  • Sorry that last post was the one that went missing and oddly appeared an hour or so after the one I followed it up with.
    The mystery of cyberspace
  • frownfrown Frets: 32
    I’ve used them without an issue, however I’ve watched items on there for price comparisons and some go up and down on a daily basis [live exchange rate tracking I guess], so if you are gonna buy, check you’re getting the better price!
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 232
    edited January 2018
    Used them for my Helix last june without issue and just received 2 x Yamaha DXR speakers on Friday. Both speakers were delivered by Parcelforce on the day i selected but one had a screw loose somewhere inside. As i was worried it would find its way into something that could cause a failure i asked for a new one. I had return slips and was able to leave it at a ups drop off less than an hour later and should have a new one this week. A tiny bit of hassle but 3y warranty and £150 saving worth it.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    Remember that ask about almost any music shop and you will get positive and negative replies as quite often it depends on the staff you deal with.

Bax list a lot of b stock gear as their returns policy is so good.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Bought a B stock db monitor from them. It was good as new just open box and saved 50% on the new price. 3 year warranty and no issues with delivery 
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283

Got a Helix from them last summer, very good price, came when it was meant to, absolutely no hassle at all.

I'd use them again in an instant

• Good points, i will reconsider giving them a try out on a lower budget item to begin with