Pet Illness :(

What's Hot

Comments

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader

Sorry to read this mate, all sympathies, and good on you for not hanging around. Our little black cat went very much the same way. I shall have to go look at cat pics now. Take care.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    All our thoughts are with you.
    So sorry mate.
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    Really sorry to hear this but it's the right thing to do.  Glad he's had such a great life with you.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27014
    I just want to give you both a hug! Not sure I'm gonna do when our 2 go :(
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Its so hard even though you know it's coming. Again, my sympathies :( I'm sure he had a good life with you. Remember the good times.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12372
    Sorry to hear the news. You’ve done the best thing for your cat but the sense of guilt doesn’t go away. 
  • Very sad news. But at least you will have fond memories and the consolation you gave him a good life.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    OK, it's done.

Obviously I cried like a baby, but the vet was excellent - gave him a sedative, and then gave hime the injection. Just went to sleep. The little git was a real fighter though, and he had to be injected twice before he'd let go. Only thing I didn't like was he kept his eyes open :(

Very upsetting, but I feel a sense of calm now - I know I've done the right thing, just very hard to deal with.

Also showed him to the other two cats so they could see as well, which the vet also recommended.

Glad I managed to get the paw prints before he went as well - got some really cool ones that my tattooist reckons we can combine into a really nice piece. Ashes will be collected a week on Wednesday.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and wishes - it's truly helped me through some pretty shitty times.

Going to donate his uneaten food etc. to a cat shelter as well.

Thanks again everyone - really do appreciate it :)

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    RIP little Simba.

Heartbreaking. Dexter is the first cat we’ve had ourselves, I’ve only known losing family cats that ‘belonged’ to my parents, and I know when I’m in that position I’m gonna bawl like a baby. 

You did everything you could to give him the best life imaginable. Treasure the happy memories :)  
  • Really sorry to hear it, we've got 2 of the little buggers and god knows how I'd be if/ when I have to make that decision. At least he's now no longer in pain and I bet you've got some great memories of all the silly things he liked to do!
  • Well done mate. It's an incredibly difficult thing to deal with but is your responsibility as a pet owner. You've absolutely done the right thing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309

So sad, but the kindest thing to do.

Best wishes mate.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Really, really sorry to hear that - he's such a cutie in the pictures. But you did the right thing in the end, you eased his pain.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Nooooo !.......sad news dude...been there,,,its horrible...

Thinking of Simba..

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72366
    Sorry to read this :(.

RIP Simba.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    So sorry for your loss, RIP little guy.  :(
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Got his ashes back yesterday, and got the collage pic today - pretty pleased with it!

Also going to get the memorial tattoo tomorrow of his paw prints, and using some of his ashes in the ink. Here's the main design I came up with, it'll have some colour behind it (and some of the black lines will be removed!):

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    fucksake. not sure how I missed this thread the first time around, but I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sat here crying at my desk at work as all I can think about it is the day we'll have to do it with our Springer. She's only 2, so hopefully got a few years, but still doesn't even bear thinking about.

The tattoo idea is great and I love the pic collage. 
  • Collage looks really good - some great memories captured in that for you.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    FarleyUK said:
    Got his ashes back yesterday, and got the collage pic today - pretty pleased with it!

Also going to get the memorial tattoo tomorrow of his paw prints, and using some of his ashes in the ink. Here's the main design I came up with, it'll have some colour behind it (and some of the black lines will be removed!):

Looks great! The spirit of Simba lives on!