Been doing it wrong again.... (NGD)...and yet again

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Fair enough fella. There is method in the madness and damn right you should enjoy the fruits of your labours.

I have been in a similar position, although not as impressive. I owned 5 Jaguars once upon a time. Sold them all and kept the best one though :-D

I admit I tend towards your original question (multiple similar guitars) but had to laugh on reading that about having 5 Jags!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    To my untrained eyes they look better than the real thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3229
    edited January 2018
    ellwood said:
    Fair enough fella. There is method in the madness and damn right you should enjoy the fruits of your labours.

I have been in a similar position, although not as impressive. I owned 5 Jaguars once upon a time. Sold them all and kept the best one though :-D

Have just seen you work in Hinckley. Which is where my office (and guitar stuff) is. Feel free to pop in. Kettle will be on...
    @meltedbuzzbox make sure you take @ellwood up on this offer. 

I fully agree with Nicks view that no two are the same. I’ve several teles just as you’ve had several jags and each one has it’s own foibles, nuances and perks, don’t they?

I also am very grateful that he is such a welcoming forumite too, thanks to his collection I was able to narrow down exactly what it was that I was looking for in a lester. It’s made my most recent purchase a lot easier and saved me buying things on spec that wouldn’t have been half as good. So cheers buddy, and keep on buying! :)
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1953
    I do like a Plaintop me  =)

If it wasn't a '77 I'd be suggesting Double Cream Bobbins!

• jakzekjakzek Frets: 55
    Like I’ve said before, always enjoy your new gear days so please continue haha, would be nice to see some strats join the party too! 
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Sassafras said:
    To my untrained eyes they look better than the real thing.
    They are pretty not bad :)

ellwood said:

Have just seen you work in Hinckley. Which is where my office (and guitar stuff) is. Feel free to pop in. Kettle will be on...

I fully agree with Nicks view that no two are the same. I’ve several teles just as you’ve had several jags and each one has it’s own foibles, nuances and perks, don’t they?

I also am very grateful that he is such a welcoming forumite too, thanks to his collection I was able to narrow down exactly what it was that I was looking for in a lester. It’s made my most recent purchase a lot easier and saved me buying things on spec that wouldn’t have been half as good. So cheers buddy, and keep on buying! :)
    Cheers dude! Come over for a jam soon!
    jakzek said:
    Like I’ve said before, always enjoy your new gear days so please continue haha, would be nice to see some strats join the party too! 
    Thanks man. Do have one great Strat. And a couple of nice teles....

Schnozz said:
    I do like a Plaintop me  =)

If it wasn't a '77 I'd be suggesting Double Cream Bobbins!

Might be an interesting option...
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Will you be buying all of the Les Pauls?
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3229
    ellwood said:

ellwood said:

You bet! You are going to want to try this one! 
    ellwood said:

ellwood said:

You bet! You are going to want to try this one! 
    Am really interested to try it mate!
    RMJ said:
    Will you be buying all of the Les Pauls?
    Some. Not all ;)
  • Limehouse_BluesLimehouse_Blues Frets: 1160
    edited January 2018
    Nice collection! I remember that Goldtop well. A real beast.

After I went from 4 Tokais (including an immense 81 LS150) to zero last year I'm back up to 2: a 1980 LS80 tobacco burst and a 2016 R4 from a special run for Tokai Germany.

The latter is an incredible guitar. I've played 53, 54 and 55 original wrap tail goldtops and a 56 in the last year and the Tokai smoked all of them (except the 55 (which was sublime)). Light. Supremely well built. Just class all round.

LPs are fickle guitars and I find they vary in feel and sound more than bolt on guitars. With a Tokai (especially the new top end ones) you get a lot of axe for your money.
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    I played just a handful of Nik’s collection, and they were all very different. Looking forward to going back some time and trying some more! ;)
    For those who would prefer some variety you will be pleased to hear that today’s arrival is not a Tokai Les Paul.

Here’s a jolly nice 1990 EG59-75...

See? Variety! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom