Which album was your biggest dissapointment?

What's Hot

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    axisus said:
    Deadman said:
    cruxiform said:
    I've said it before but for me it has to be the first Stone Roses album. Recommended by lots of my mates at the time, I hated it...and still do. 

You're not alone. 

My first choice has to be Pearl Jam Vs. I glaze over when I hear most of the tracks on it. 
    Boy was that album pants! Their first album was amazing, 2nd had 2 good tracks, all others I have heard - rubbish!
    Erm Sir, correction.

PJs best albums are Vitalogy, No Code & Binaural.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72369
    proggy said:
    proggy said:
    The Division Bell - The only good thing about it is the picture on the cover. It's the only Floyd album I don't like, although I've never actually heard The Endless River, but being as it's made up of unused material from the Division Bell sessions I would imagine it to be a pile of shit.
    I don’t agree about The Division Bell - though I think it’s better judged as a solo Gilmour album, than a Floyd album.

The Endless Drivel is however, worse than you could ever possibly imagine....
    I do agree with you about The Division Bell being reminiscent of a Gilmour solo effort, probably due to his wife's input, but although I'm a massive Floyd fan I'm not really a fan of David Gilmour's solo stuff..... Roger Waters on the other hand, absolutely brilliant.
    I don’t like any of the post-Waters Floyd at all.

I do like all of Waters’ solo work though, so it’s clear which side of the fence I’m on!

dindude said:
    Pretty much everything the Killers did after their debut album. Should have taken over the world, become also rans. Shame.
    I’ve liked all of them so far, except that I don’t like the recent single and haven’t bought the album yet.

The first album is good, but it’s spoiled to some extent by having Mr. Brightside on it - a track which almost permanently put me off them before I’d given them a chance...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fobfob Frets: 1430

Reverend Horton Heat - Liquor In The Front

Nothing to do with the album but I bought it on CD and it was mispressed (can you say that about a CD?). Instead of RHH it seemed to be a various artists album along the lines of Now That's What... . I've always wondered if it had any added value because of that.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    eSully said:
    Therapy? - Infernal Love. Troublegum was pretty much the album that got me loving Rock music. I listened to it over and over, knew every lyric so obviously I had Infernal Love pre-ordered (on cassette) from my local music shop. I hated it, absolutely despised the album. 14 year old me was not one bit impressed with their new direction. It got good reviews at the time and maybe if I listened to it now I might even prefer it to troublegum but I do remember the bitter disappointment of that album. Listened through twice and never again.
    blimey, forgot that one. Totally agree. Troublegum was my favourite album at the end of 6th form (still love it now), but Infernal Love was a massive disappointment. I love some stuff they've done since, but still think that one is a bit crap (I think they were taking quite a lot of drugs when they made it).
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    'Infernal Love' was a bit of a patchy release and a chore to get through, but thankfully Therapy? are still going to this day and their sound has been quite consistently vicious yet melodic since the early 2000s. 'A Brief Crack Of Light' and 'Disquiet' are excellent.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22889
    fob said:

Reverend Horton Heat - Liquor In The Front

Nothing to do with the album but I bought it on CD and it was mispressed (can you say that about a CD?). Instead of RHH it seemed to be a various artists album along the lines of Now That's What... . I've always wondered if it had any added value because of that.

I've got a Faith No More CD single - Midlife Crisis, I think - which actually has about 50 minutes of unknown (to me) classical music on it.   I played it all the way through thinking OK, where have they hidden the FNM stuff...?  I kept it as a curiosity.

I must dig out that Reverend Horton Heat album and have a listen to it, it's been a while.  Mine definitely had the proper track listing!

• MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3029
    edited January 2018
    I once bought Mercury Rev’s Boces on cassette. I knew they were pretty far out  but this was some crazy shit, an insanely unlistenable album. After a while I realised that the whole album was playing backwards!! How the hell does that happen? I took it back to the shop and exchanged for something else.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited January 2018
    OK Computer. The bends was a masterpiece and then, that drivel. It’s the only CD I’ve ever thrown out the car window. I’ve owned it twice, so have given it a go. 
    Did you throw it out of the car window both times?

I remember being disappointed with A Matter of Life and Death by Maiden. I went to see them live on that tour thinking they’d play most of the classics and just a handful of new tracks, but they ended up playing the album in its entirety. 

frank1985 said:
    I remember being disappointed with A Matter of Life and Death by Maiden. I went to see them live on that tour thinking they’d play most of the classics and just a handful of new tracks, but they ended up playing the album in its entirety.  :/
    Yeah, that was a disappointment.  I love Brave New World and Dance of Death, but then the inertia seemed to set in (again?) on A Matter of Life and Death.  Maybe they should change producers more often.
  • cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 126
    Fear of a Black Planet by Public Enemy. It gets hyped up by the indie press but it's not a patch on their first two albums. Even the main songs on the album , Welcome To The Terrordome, 911 is a Joke and Fight The Power are decent at best. 
  • Can't remember because they were instantly forgettable
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    Daft Punk's RAM - all method and little results
    Justice's last album - cross is one of my all time favs and AVD is pretty good but man, very little to like on the album number 3
    Stone Roses' eponymous, as stated above - I love Second Coming! The wishy-washy 80s production on the first one really dates it and makes it a hard listen in the 21st century. 
  • frank1985 said:
    OK Computer. The bends was a masterpiece and then, that drivel. It’s the only CD I’ve ever thrown out the car window. I’ve owned it twice, so have given it a go. 
    Did you throw it out of the car window both times?

I remember being disappointed with A Matter of Life and Death by Maiden. I went to see them live on that tour thinking they’d play most of the classics and just a handful of new tracks, but they ended up playing the album in its entirety.  :/
    I consider AMOLAD a masterpiece. After Seventh Son their finest and most mature work. I'd have loved to see it played in its entirety but I couldn't get to that tour for personal reasons. 

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    I think I mentioned this the other day but Family Style by the Vaughan Brothers. 
    Two of my favourite guitarists, one of the world's greatest producers and almost entirely awful. I don't remember it in detail, maybe I should give it another go, but outside of Tick Tock ( very hummable) just seemed very short on ideas and suffered from horrible 80s production ( released in 1990). Not even 40 minutes of guitar wankery - they'd obviously gone out of their way to avoid that but didn't quite know what to do instead. 

Actually this is making me want to go listen to it...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4698
    Led Zeppelin 3
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pretty much everything the chilis have done since By the Way

:(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72369
    rlw said:
    Led Zeppelin 3
    My favourite Zep album...

Pretty much everything the chilis have done since By the Way
    I like all the Frusciante albums, including Stadium Arcadium - although By The Way is my favourite - but I can't get on with any of the others at all.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

I think I mentioned this the other day but Family Style by the Vaughan Brothers. 
    Two of my favourite guitarists, one of the world's greatest producers and almost entirely awful. I don't remember it in detail, maybe I should give it another go, but outside of Tick Tock ( very hummable) just seemed very short on ideas and suffered from horrible 80s production ( released in 1990). Not even 40 minutes of guitar wankery - they'd obviously gone out of their way to avoid that but didn't quite know what to do instead. 

Actually this is making me want to go listen to it...
    I think I liked it, but I also haven't listened to it for years and don't remember much - or anything - except Tick Tock.
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1946
    The Firm - The Firm (Jimmy Page and Paul Rodgers). Guitarist from Led Zep + singer from Free sounded like it might be great. It wasn't.

Van Halen - 5150. Humourless, tuneless, toneless, sanitised dross. 

Brad - Interiors. Their first album was so good, everything after has been dull as.

Gillan - Future Shock. I tried so hard to like this album, but in reality I can't stand his voice, his lyrics, the turgid production and the complete lack of anything resembling a decent melody.

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    Rainbow - Difficult to Cure was the most disappointng album for me; "I Thuwenda" was embarassingly bad and the rest of the album (apart from the instrumental) was tripe. I couldn't bear listening to them after that, 'til Stranger In Us All, which has some of Blackmore's best playing.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom