Which album was your biggest dissapointment?

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    JAYJO said:
    AlexC said:
    I think, as a massive Bowie fan, I would have to put forward the ironically titled Never Let Me Down. It was the first album I’d been waiting for, as opposed to catching up on his fantastic back catalogue. The Tonight album was a bit lame but had a handful of decent tunes, but this one... Peter Frampton makes horrible squiggly noises on his guitar. Mickey Rourke does a ‘rap’ (mutters incomprehensibly). The 80s production isn’t even a good 80s production. And Bowie speaks a monologue about glass spiders crying because their mummy’s left them. It’s terrible. 
    I put it on about once every five years to see if it’s going to magically mature. It doesn’t. It’s like a forgotten bit of garlic bread at the back of the freezer - stale, stinks a bit and utterly useless.
    Heroes side 2 must be in there somewhere as well.
    What?!! The second side of Heroes is fantastic.

Never Let Me Down is the low point of his career though, that is true.

JAYJO said:

Bruce Springsteen   Devils and Dust.
    I didn't mind that one, it was Working On A Dream I didn't like. Although having gone back to it after a long time it wasn't *that* bad...

JAYJO said:

Natalie Merchant      Leave your sleep
    I love that album :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Kid A. After the magic of the bends, pablo honey and ok computer i was really let down. I haven't bought anything by them since! Have thy improved?
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    ICBM said:
    JAYJO said:
    AlexC said:
    I think, as a massive Bowie fan, I would have to put forward the ironically titled Never Let Me Down. It was the first album I’d been waiting for, as opposed to catching up on his fantastic back catalogue. The Tonight album was a bit lame but had a handful of decent tunes, but this one... Peter Frampton makes horrible squiggly noises on his guitar. Mickey Rourke does a ‘rap’ (mutters incomprehensibly). The 80s production isn’t even a good 80s production. And Bowie speaks a monologue about glass spiders crying because their mummy’s left them. It’s terrible. 
    I put it on about once every five years to see if it’s going to magically mature. It doesn’t. It’s like a forgotten bit of garlic bread at the back of the freezer - stale, stinks a bit and utterly useless.
    Heroes side 2 must be in there somewhere as well.
    What?!! The second side of Heroes is fantastic.

Never Let Me Down is the low point of his career though, that is true.

JAYJO said:

Bruce Springsteen   Devils and Dust.
    I didn't mind that one, it was Working On A Dream I didn't like. Although having gone back to it after a long time it wasn't *that* bad...

JAYJO said:

Natalie Merchant      Leave your sleep
    I love that album :).
     I like the leave your sleep but i was really disappointed as it was not what i was expecting. i think she has aged her image too soon. She is still a favourite of mine and i did like the Natalie Merchant Album 2014. I will give Butterfly a go, its a rehash of tunes using instruments she tends to tour with nowadays.
  • NickLNickL Frets: 153
    Kid A. After the magic of the bends, pablo honey and ok computer i was really let down. I haven't bought anything by them since! Have thy improved?
    You might not be convinced, but give In Rainbows a go. It's less electronic than most of their recent albums, and probably their best since OK Computer. That said, I think Kid A is better than Pablo.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NickL said:
    Kid A. After the magic of the bends, pablo honey and ok computer i was really let down. I haven't bought anything by them since! Have thy improved?
    You might not be convinced, but give In Rainbows a go. It's less electronic than most of their recent albums, and probably their best since OK Computer. That said, I think Kid A is better than Pablo.
    I will, ta