Parting ways with your first "real" guitar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rossirossi Frets: 1705
    Mine was a Hofner Club 60  way back when .it was nice guitar and sounded good for the cleans we all played then but it was bitch to play for me with small hands.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Never ever ever.  My objectively unremarkable 2003 LP Standard.  Purchased in 2004 from Peter Cook's Guitar World in Hanwell (RIP) from the proceeds of the first seriously big pay cheque I got in my life, it was my first 'proper' guitar (after a couple of real horrors) and the first I'd ever purchased brand new (indeed there's only been one more subsequently).  Although it's no fancy R7 reissue and in recent years it's been neglected in favour of its ritzier jazzmaster cousins in particular, it's a big part of my guitar history and is one I'd never, ever sell (although I may have drunkenly tried to prostitute it to coax the odd trade along...)

Unlike lovers, you really can keep hold of the exes...

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2910
    edited January 2018
    I sold my Epiphone LP Custom which I ended up never playing when I got my Pearl LP and Gibson SG. Do kinda wish I kept it though as it was a great guitar, easy to play and sounded awesome. It did have a horrible tacky "les paul 50th anniversary" graphic plastered all over the back though which I don't miss.
  • ChrisRGChrisRG Frets: 55
    I’ve still got my 1994 Ibanez RG470 which I bought new. I didn’t have quite enough money at the time and asked for a deal in the shop. They said I could if I begged, so I did! I’ve been mates with the guys ever since!!
    It hasn’t been played in years but it’s never even crossed my mind to get rid of it. It’s sentimental worth is so much more than it’s actual worth. 
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3637
    Still have my first good guitar,a 1989 US Standard Strat I bought new all those years ago.

Don't play it much but would never get rid of it - too sentimental.