Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Best NAMM release coverage

What's Hot
Where are people getting all their NAMM news? 

And what are people loving so far?

As a bit of an ambient nerd the hands-on-ness of the new EHX 95000 Loop Lab pedal is very appealing. And of course, I'm contractually obliged to follow the excellent NAMM coverage of my employer ;)

One thing I've always found with NAMM coverage, even the really good ones like Andertons etc is just the overwhelming amount of videos coming out in quick succession. Having been involved for the last 5 years in doing NAMM coverage I've always felt like as a consumer it was all a bit overwhelming at the time, but there's more long-term value in doing a couple hundred videos in a weekend than in doing a few good round ups. Would NAMM coverage be better if it included some good round ups (like all the best guitar releases in one video, or all the cool new little guys in one video etc) 

Bit of a weird ramble there. But yeah - let's have it out - who does it well.
Full disclosure: I'm a terrible guitar player. Work for Reverb.com as their UK Marketing Director and prior to that was Head of Digital Marketing at Andertons for 6 years. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Many other forums and gear sites covering this in detail - bit surprised there hasn't been one thread on here about it yet.

Nothing really jumping out at me at the moment. That new Chase Bliss synth/pitch pedal looks good but...yeah, I can't afford that. I'm still curious as to what Orange are up to. Looks like they are releasing a Brent Hinds Tiny Terror or something similar. I just want them to bring the OR50 back!

The Red Panda Tensor looks like it may finally get a release and the new Alexander Quadrant delay is pretty cool.

I'm quite happy how the coverage is presented at the moment tbh. There is such a glut of guitar gear channels out there that finding information on what's going on is easy and without fuss. The majority seem to identify new products by going from company to company which is easier to digest.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Weve had a few Discussions about announced products, just not one NAMM one.
    MusicRadar ( sorry to mention them on here...) seem to be pretty up to date with the releases. 
    There do seem to be a plethora of badly made videos that come out over the course of NAMM so I think I'll probably just wait for the proper demoes this year ( some of which are already out).  I'm not rushing to the shops for anything, just curiosity. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    If anyone has any questions about specific products etc let me know and I'll see what I can find out.  That's everything, not just Fender obviously. 
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14460
    tFB Trader
    www.premierguitar.com is pretty good - Peach and Andertons are useful but tend to show what they stock/interested in - Yes FB picks up some good info via various members who trawl through various sites gathering info
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2416
    I'm getting mine from Wunjo and Coda......you get it much earlier that way  ;)
    Hey Mr Reverb....who said you could move the ' My Feed ' button to the top right of the website?? :angry: 
  • I like the premier guitar daily round ups. Mostly because it's pictures with a small description. That's all I need really.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    MattFGBI said:
    If anyone has any questions about specific products etc let me know and I'll see what I can find out.  That's everything, not just Fender obviously. 
    Would love to know what Line 6 are up to, their answer to the Amplifire box would be perfect!
  • John_A said:
    MattFGBI said:
    Would love to know what Line 6 are up to, their answer to the Amplifire box would be perfect!
    I've got a feeling we might see a replacement for the M9 and M13 based on the Helix modelling tech. Not long to see if I'm right now...
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    No coverage is the best coverage.

If it's truly worth knowing about you'll find out through here or somewhere else without going looking for it.

That's my ethos anyway.
    John_A said:
    MattFGBI said:
    I've got a feeling we might see a replacement for the M9 and M13 based on the Helix modelling tech. Not long to see if I'm right now...
    An M9 sized device with helix amp models and effects would have me reaching for the credit card immediately even with a single path. Love my helix, but something more compact would suit me better. 
  • I'm going there's a next gen helix so I can get a second hand old one cheaper. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • I'm going there's a next gen helix so I can get a second hand old one cheaper. 
    You'll be waiting a while, then...from everything they've said, the current-generation Helix Core is going to stay with us for a very, very long time. It's extensible, though, so I'd imagine the hardware will stay largely similar while the firmware goes on in leaps and bounds.
    <space for hire>
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7817
    I wonder if Line 6 will release an amp / speaker with helix built in...
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2462
    Not as far as I know. I do know whats coming though and I'm really excited. ;-)

As far as Namm coverage goes, the Andertons channel does everything I need it to do. With a mix of Thatpedalshow covering some of the more obscure stuff, I find the rest of the info I'm interested in here. Reverb do great videos so will be keeping an eye on them this year. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14460
    tFB Trader
    I like the premier guitar daily round ups. Mostly because it's pictures with a small description. That's all I need really.
    plus plenty of video clips as well
    Not as far as I know. I do know whats coming though and I'm really excited. ;-)

You tease! ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It's all embargoed till 5pm next Thursday. I might be naughty and post a picture at 4.59. ;-)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    It's all embargoed till 5pm next Thursday. I might be naughty and post a picture at 4.59. ;-)
    5pm who's time?  
    John_A said:
    5pm who's time?  
    Ours. 

John_A said:
    5pm who's time?  
    Ours. 
    Thought as much :)  Look forward to the announcement, The Helix has saved me so much money on Amps and effects, I need to spend something so hope it's good