Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Best NAMM release coverage

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727
    I'm going there's a next gen helix so I can get a second hand old one cheaper. 
    You'll be waiting a while, then...from everything they've said, the current-generation Helix Core is going to stay with us for a very, very long time. It's extensible, though, so I'd imagine the hardware will stay largely similar while the firmware goes on in leaps and bounds.

Exactly.  The M series are about 10 years old.  Stands to reason the Helix which is massively more upgradable and perfectly designed will have significantly more life in it.  Plus if you own one every new firmware brings new effects, amps or functionality meaning there's always something to look forward to, without spending a penny.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • In that case, if best start saving pennies for an LT as I definitely can't afford a full fat one

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14454
    tFB Trader
    does Greg Koch still do a tour for Wildwood Guitars - use to be some good video info there
  • absolutpepperabsolutpepper Frets: 222
    edited January 2018
    John_A said:
    John_A said:
    MattFGBI said:
    If anyone has any questions about specific products etc let me know and I'll see what I can find out.  That's everything, not just Fender obviously. 
    Would love to know what Line 6 are up to, their answer to the Amplifire box would be perfect!
    I've got a feeling we might see a replacement for the M9 and M13 based on the Helix modelling tech. Not long to see if I'm right now...
    An M9 sized device with helix amp models and effects would have me reaching for the credit card immediately even with a single path. Love my helix, but something more compact would suit me better. 
    What Line 6 do this year really interests me. I also expect Yamaha to refresh and update the THR range in response to the huge success of Katana. I wouldn’t buy one but I think it’ll happen (based on no info whatsoever)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    In that case, if best start saving pennies for an LT as I definitely can't afford a full fat one
    Theres a full fat in the classifieds for £825, and seen them go on ebay for less that that. It certainly is the case, it was amazing when I bought mine 2 years ago, and it's doubly amazing now after the updates, more of which are on the way
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2916
    edited January 2018
    Not allowed to give anything away just yet but I'll be able to hopefully answer any questions people may have about Marshall at this year's NAMM, I'm excited

Looking forward to seeing what Line 6 have to offer as I've been getting rather Helix-curious recently and the quick go I've had with native was great. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • For news - Effectsdatabase, Premier Guitar, Instagram

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12683
    Why would Line6 damage their market by putting amp modelling into an update of the M-series. It would then tread on the toes of the Helix Range...
    The best thing about the M-series was that they didn’t have any bloody amp modelling!!!!!! That’s why they’ve soldiered on so long and sold so many units. Imho STILL the best thing Line6 ever made.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2462
    Is it my fault this thread has turned into a bit of a Line 6 one? 

Soz. 

Lets ta get it back on track. Who will give the best footage of the Gibson stand and their revolutionary new releases? ;-) 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4208
    Line 6 need to do their version of the Fractal FX8, it'd sell shitloads
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Jack_ said:
    No coverage is the best coverage.

If it's truly worth knowing about you'll find out through here or somewhere else without going looking for it.

That's my ethos anyway.

That's a silly ethos tho! It's not just about the best it's about seeing the highlights etc it's a genuinly interesting event 
  • sweepy said:
    I think that's what is coming line 6 HX FX.
    Helix style fx only pedal. Apparently listed at $599
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3431
    edited January 2018
    Pretty much everything is being teased on Instagram already.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7177
    I have a whole heap of stuff to write about for NAMM for the site, it is all embargoed until the show and so I can't share. However, I usually watch YouTube and check out here and TGP/Reddit etc for news.
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2462
    sweepy said:
    Sshh. ;-)

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• sweepy said:
    Just found some images and looks good but that’s bound to be at least £599 here so probably better to just pay the extra and buy an LT
  • sweepy said:
    Just found some images and looks good but that’s bound to be at least £599 here so probably better to just pay the extra and buy an LT
    What makes you say that? The LT is $999 over there and £685 over here.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepy said:
    What makes you say that? The LT is $999 over there and £685 over here.
    Didn’t realise that line 6 are staggering prices across the pond.  Assumed they were like all the other greedy gits whereby $=£ 

Refreshing to see that