There’s lazy and then there’s this...

What's Hot
I mean, why not just wait til you’ve got pictures. Or a description. Or any element of detail whatsoever. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/253384007931

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9744
    edited January 2018
    I’ve seen stray feet in sellers’ photos before, but that’s ridiculous!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Does the foot come with a case, or shoe as they're sometimes called?
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4984
    It's a footlight...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Now I've looked at it again, it says there's a chip in the neck, but nothing else. Who would pay a grand for a guitar that has no information about it other than damage?!?!
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11410
    No doubt he uses it to play sole music.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeillNeill Frets: 943
    Heel never sell it at that price.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Er, obviously you have never received an offer from eBay that says you can "sell up to 100 items for zero fees".  Sometimes they only give you 24 hours or less to put the ads up.  So you just put up ads without details to make sure you get the offer and then add details and pics when you next get home.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 776
    edited January 2018
    Chalky said:
    Er, obviously you have never received an offer from eBay that says you can "sell up to 100 items for zero fees".  Sometimes they only give you 24 hours or less to put the ads up.  So you just put up ads without details to make sure you get the offer and then add details and pics when you next get home.
    I've had them a few times. I just go and take the pictures and put it up, with a description, within 10 minutes. 

We're, like, IN the actual FUTURE right now. 

Edit: in fact I did just that 4 times yesterday when I got the offer. if anyone wants a Peavey Encore, MJW V6-15, Dr Z 2x10 cab or PAN Attenuator, hit me up
  • scrumhalf said:
    No doubt he uses it to play sole music.
    Or heavy sock?
    Chalky said:
    I've had them a few times. I just go and take the pictures and put it up, with a description, within 10 minutes. 

We're, like, IN the actual FUTURE right now. 

Edit: in fact I did just that 4 times yesterday when I got the offer. if anyone wants a Peavey Encore, MJW V6-15, Dr Z 2x10 cab or PAN Attenuator, hit me up
    Er, well, you can only "go and take pictures" if you are at home with your guitars. Whereas some folks have business lives and social lives that mean they are not at home so they do it when they "next get home".
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Chalky said:
    This is almost definitely what it is, I listed something yesterday before an eBay ‘max selling fees’ offer ran out, I was at home but couldn’t be bothered to go through the whole rigmarole of taking multiple pictures etc, so I put a placeholder pic up instead. Hope I don’t get noticed and told off here for being lazy 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2018
    You guys realise that doing it that way will really impact your chances of a sale, right?

@chalky I actually already had pictures ready for a couple of those items, so I guess these sorts of sales are spontaneous rather than planned?? It really never occurred to me that someone would only think to sell something because of an eBay offer, and not have considered it before. And I’m definitely lacking on social front when it comes to Monday nights in January. 
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited January 2018
    You guys realise that doing it that way will really impact your chances of a sale, right?

@chalky I actually already had pictures ready for a couple of those items, so I guess these sorts of sales are spontaneous rather than planned?? It really never occurred to me that someone would only think to sell something because of an eBay offer, and not have considered it before. And I’m definitely lacking on social front when it comes to Monday nights in January. 
    I’ll live with that risk, and put up load proper pics when I get a chance. No, way was I lugging everything out of storage at half 10 last night. I only list stuff on eBay when they have an offer because if I’m selling something for 2k I’m not paying 200 quid in fees 
    edited January 2018
    I guess it’s each to there own. One persons ‘you’re  insane’ is another persons practical reality. 

If you guys do do this, I’d suggest using a stock photo and an actual sentence about it in the description. But it’s up to you. 

Edit: wrong your/you’re 
  • He's certainly not done his leg work. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3358
    There’s only five machine heads. 
  • At least it wasn’t a picture of his nob!
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5482
    Chalky said:
    This past weekend (ended yesterday at 23.59) it was "final value fee max £3" for some users.

I almost did the same thing with a couple listings... put a placeholder up until I could finish them properly. £3 is much better than £250 on an expensive instrument!

Sadly, I've got a poorly 3 year old at the moment so couldn't even get that far this time... but I get the MO.

Er, you do realise you have no experience of what you are talking about? Right?

The last time I put up a placeholder picture I got 8 offers before I'd put the proper pictures and details up. And I sold £5000 worth of guitars within a week.  Two of them had a placeholder picture from Monday to Saturday, when I put proper pictures and details up on Saturday morning. They were both sold and collected by Saturday evening.

Know your market, know your customer.
  • @Chalky I’ve at no point been dismissive or rude to you, please do me the same courtesy.

I’m also not saying it’s wrong to ‘book a place’ when an offer comes up. I was pointing out how crazy this guy was for putting picture of a foot in an advert for a £1k guitar with the only information being that it’s damaged. It’s a bit different to getting the ad up with some details and adding the pictures later. 

I imagine your items sold because they were desirable and priced right. Your anecdote doesn’t disprove that they mightn’t have got the same attention as if you put everything up in one go.