Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New PRS Mark Tremonti lunchbox head

What's Hot
MikeBMikeB Frets: 176
Now this looks interesting.....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

Price point will be interesting.

I also can't imagine MT playing a 15watt head live, which suggests it'll be aimed at the smaller venue/bedroom player.

Along with the very affordable signature SE range of guitars... I wonder what sales are like in comparison to the john mayer £10000000 a pop amps and guitars?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3335
    It’s got some competition out there already so needs to be priced similar to the EVH and 6160 heads. 
  • I liked the Archon so hopefully this will sound in that realm. I'm surprised no one has thought of the colour changing between channels before. Bit gimmicky but will appeal to the younger metal players!
  • Want!

Hopefully it's well built - I liked the look of the peavey mini head, but they are penny pinching these days and I don't especially trust the build. The fender evh was also very interesting to me, but I generally prefer a slightly looser feel these days, so this is an interesting amp. 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    I personally cannot stand Creed or Alter Bridge, even the names of the bands just make me cringe. Unfortunately that puts me off! As daft as that sounds.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Good looking head and I'm a fan of Tremonti and Alter Bridge. At least he uses the products he endorses.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited January 2018
    They’re claiming that the majority of his guitar parts on the last album were recorded using the prototype of this amp 

Will be interesting as during those sessions he was publicly declaring his love of the Cornford MK50 and how awesome an amp it was.  Could be a similar take on that 
  • I just don't understand the artist signature thing. It would put me off, even if it was someone that I like.
    Maybe I'm in the minority though.
  • MikeBMikeB Frets: 176
    PMT has the head listed at £555 and cab at £299.
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    Andertons have it at £490. Im intrigued by it but have also seen the blurb about the victory v30 mkii which is killing it for me.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Look very nice.    Hopefully they’ll follow it up with a bigger box 50 or 100w version and maybe 3 channels as an alternative to the evh.  
  • Evildurka said:
    Andertons have it at £490. Im intrigued by it but have also seen the blurb about the victory v30 mkii which is killing it for me.
    Ah but the Victory will be double the price.  £490 does seem a good price for the spec so hope it sounds good 
  • John_P said:
    Look very nice.    Hopefully they’ll follow it up with a bigger box 50 or 100w version and maybe 3 channels as an alternative to the evh.  
    Given Mark is a big watt valve amp kind of guy I wonder if this is a testing the waters product for exactly this
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    John_P said:
    Given Mark is a big watt valve amp kind of guy I wonder if this is a testing the waters product for exactly this
    I was thinking that - see how this sells and then make one he can use live ad well 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3335
    For £490 I’d happily take a punt on it if the demos sound decent. I basically want the evh 5150 but with a clean channel. 
  • And its 6l6 yeh boy none of that el84 business!
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    I absolutely love mark tremontis playing and guitar sound and have no doubt this wilk be excellent but i will happily pay double for the victory as it will be killer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom