Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New PRS Mark Tremonti lunchbox head

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited January 2018
    I’m really impressed with this amp especially in that last video. Would shift on my Engl iron ball which is a great amp but has El84’s and 6L6 is better for me 

Great to see at that price point that it has bias points on the back panel too 

Anyone looking at pre ordering then avoid Andertons as they want full payment up front 

Peach want £98 deposit and GG want just £50 deposit so I know who I’ll be getting it from 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • These will sell by the truckload...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3335
    Shut up and take my money!
    that sounds very much like my ideal amp. 
  • grungebob said:
    Shut up and take my money!
    that sounds very much like my ideal amp. 
    At that price point it’s a belter 
  • I’m a huge Tremonti fan and have been following this for some time since he posted a photo of the prototype a while back... I never for one second thought it would be that fully featured at that price point. Independent channel EQ, external bias, bucket loads of usable gain for under £500? Well I’m in.

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited January 2018
    Official video now on the PRS site with the man himself demonstrating 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dN0iIojK-7w&feature=youtu.be
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    So, another amp with a totally clean clean channel, a ridiculously high-gain lead channel and nothing in between?
    I suppose I shouldn't expect anything else from a metal guy's signature amp...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited January 2018
    I entered the comp to win it so I will tell toy all what it's like when it comes!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Those are the two core sounds for heavy music so it’s not really a surprise it’s aimed at those sounds 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3335
    Well the pushed cleans sound pretty nice too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Jeremiah said:
    So, another amp with a totally clean clean channel, a ridiculously high-gain lead channel and nothing in between?
    Those are the two core sounds for heavy music so it’s not really a surprise it’s aimed at those sounds 

High gain channels often sound great for lower gain tones anyway. Dual rec, red channel, loose and a strat with vintage style single coils sounds ace.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Jeremiah said:
    Has a push pull in the clean channel treble pot adding more gain for push or crunch dependent on your pups and how deep you dig in 

Were you expecting a three channel amp at that price point? 
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    I think one of these will be a 'workbench' amp when they come out
  • PablocrackersPablocrackers Frets: 181
    edited January 2018
    Jeremiah said:
    Its got a push pull on the treble pot also which is like a gain boost to the clean channel so i think you can get some breakup on the clean but its not foot switchable still great features though

EDIT: nvm never saw fortheloveofguitar's previous post
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    edited January 2018
    Jeremiah said:
    Has a push pull in the clean channel treble pot adding more gain for push or crunch dependent on your pups and how deep you dig in 

Were you expecting a three channel amp at that price point? 
    No, but it would have been nice to have gain + volume on the clean channel rather than just volume, to get some breakup with the gain maxed.
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    ...during those sessions he was publicly declaring his love of the Cornford MK50 and how awesome an amp it was.  Could be a similar take on that 
    I think it sounds very Cornford. He has used a Cornford MK50H II, and an RK100 in past recordings...

From a PremierGuitar interview:

"They loaned me one, just to get used to it, and I liked it a lot. The one that I eventually got was so much better sounding than the one that they loaned me. It’s just one of those special amps. The RK100 is another amp where you can twist the knobs any way you want, and it’s going to sound great. It sounds so rich, and it does rhythm and lead equally well. It’s hard to find amps that do that. The only amp that I’ve seen that can do that as well as the Cornford is the new PRS Archon. Most of the rhythm and lead stuff on the new Alter Bridge record and my solo album was recorded with the RK100."
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Sounds great!