New Single Cut

What's Hot

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24864
    edited January 2018
    Wolfetone said:
    can’t really think of any acoustic manufacturer which has successfully diversified into electrics. 
    Gibson? Yamaha?
    Fair point - I was thinking more of companies that aren’t ‘heritage’ brands - specifically Taylor & Larivee. Even among heritage brands, companies like Guild always sold vastly more acoustics than electrics and Martin failed miserably. Among more modern brands, Takemine never bothered even trying....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29048
    CloudNine said:
    Seriously uncool. 

It's like they looked at the Taylor solidbodies and thought "We can do that but duller and with worse proportions". And did.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1075
    Looks like something you serve coffee on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4298
    If the The Two Rock could speak, it would be saying 'get the fuck out my picture you freak, I am looking awesome here on my Persian rug, in my super cool loft space, and you are seriously cramping my style. You are fooling no one and you don't belong here'
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Jesus Christ, that looks like shit!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31874
    usedtobe said:
    Jesus Christ, that looks like shit!
    Or maybe an ice lolly...

http://i66.tinypic.com/2lbjfc5.jpg
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7693
    Ugly.

Somehow a bit like an Anderson Atom, but uglier, and with a too-large headstock.

My main question is "why?"
    Red ones are better. 
    Sporky said:
    CloudNine said:
    Seriously uncool. 

It's like they looked at the Taylor solidbodies and thought "We can do that but duller and with worse proportions". And did.
    god that really is ugly isn't it.

This is what happens when there's nobody around a maker to say "look, just stop, it's a shit idea"
    Red ones are better. 
  • I like Lowdens but that is an ugly electric. Having said that, I suspect there may be a market for these amongst the well off Lowden clientele, especially in the states. They may well like that very ‘woody’ aesthetic even if it seems terribly unfashionable and dated.
    I wonder if the problem is that it's just so bland.

It looks like someone really good at woodwork made a guitar but didn't much care about it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421

fugly

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23533
    It really is very dreary looking and, as said, very reminiscent of the Taylor and Larrivee solidbodies.  It's hard to imagine who it's going to appeal to.
  • Looks like its come straight out of an A-level woodworking class. It looks a bit basic and uncomfortable to play. Yes I'm sure its made from lovely high quality materials etc but it just lacks something. I personally think a guitar is for playing and that looks like the sort of guitar that is best kept hanging on your wall. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    I don't hate it. I've seen far worse.
    Maybe I've just got shit taste.
    Sporky said:

It looks like someone really good at woodwork made a guitar but didn't much care about it.
    I agree - you see stuff like this at every guitar show - some new small-scale builder with meh designs, zero finish (because they are basically very proficient DIY jobs and the bloke doesn't do finishing) and they all just look brown and drab and they show up to a show or 3 then disappear.

Seriously this is the least pleasing looking new guitar design I've seen in some time. 
    Red ones are better. 
    Sassafras said:
    I don't hate it. I've seen far worse.

Me too, but it's utterly uninspiring.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5482
    I kinda like it. Would like to see all the top options. I just think the £3k guitar space has gotten ridiculously oversaturated over the past year or two (made worse since Fender Custom and PRS have both elevated their base prices to around this price point). 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8566
    Sporky said:

That’s a great description !
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Saw this on my Facebook feed.

An odd development for Lowden in my view - can’t really think of any acoustic manufacturer which has successfully diversified into electrics. It reminds me of the Taylor solid bodies which were introduced a few years ago. Very nice in a ‘woody’ sort of way - but hard to know who they’re meant to appeal to....
    How about Gibson .. ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • I'd love to have this guitar but...I know it will be priced out of my reach.