Inside No. 9

What's Hot
DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
edited January 2018 in Off Topic
After the latest offering 'To Have & To Hold', I am now convinced this is the best TV going today. Pemberton and Shearsmith are geniuses of the highest calibre.

Every episode is a winner. No filler whatsoever. Will have you laughing one minute and then recoiling in fear the next.

First two series on Prime (or Netflix, I can't remember) and the latest on BBC iPlayer. Go go go!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yes incredibly clever, well acted and well produced. It earns the right to be called a work of genius.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeillNeill Frets: 943
    Totally agree - why it is hidden away at 10pm on a Tuesday is beyond me, I read somewhere that typical viewing figures barely amount to a million.  Yet some of the output in the No 9 series qualifies as the best TV ever made - "The 12 days of Christine" for example. 

It's hard to single out an episode in the current series, the quality is unbelievably high, but "Once Removed" had everything - pathos, farce, suspense, and laugh out loud comedy. I do hope these guys get well paid.

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9670
    I haven't seen this week's episode yet, but all the others have been superb. They had about 20 episodes on iPlayer recently and if they put them up again, watch them.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    I haven't seen this week's episode yet, but all the others have been superb. They had about 20 episodes on iPlayer recently and if they put them up again, watch them.
    You're in for a treat. Pemberton recently remarked that there's a scene that was the darkest he's ever done (you'll know when you see it).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Only discovered it after a friend recommended it - first one I saw was that Removals one - brilliant.
    I might get Netflix just to see the old stuff.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10308
    Neill said:
    Totally agree - why it is hidden away at 10pm on a Tuesday is beyond me, I read somewhere that typical viewing figures barely amount to a million.  Yet some of the output in the No 9 series qualifies as the best TV ever made - "The 12 days of Christine "
    " for example. 

It's hard to single out an episode in the current series, the quality is unbelievably high, but "Once Removed" had everything - pathos, farce, suspense, and laugh out loud comedy. I do hope these guys get well paid.

Agreed.I watched it again at Christmas for the fourth time,and the reveal at the end still reduced me to a blubbering wreck.

Absolutely stunning tv.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2565
    I’m a big fan of them and I’m loving this series. Once Removed was brilliant. I go back to Netflix regularly to re-watch my faves.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    I’ve watched a few on catch up. Very good. I rarely watch TV so 3 and a half series of this has completely bypassed me!
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2201
    edited August 2019
    'A Quiet Night In' is one of my old favourites. There are a couple of short clips below

Edit. I've killed the links. Not wanting to create any spoilers.

It's not a competition.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Red ones are better. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    I keep forgetting about these! I saw about 6 on Netflix then forgot, I must get back

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12413
    The part with the dog in Quiet Night In made me actually fall off the settee laughing, and I don't normally like slapstick.
  • A Quiet Night In is one of the most inventive bits of television in years. Loved it. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Quiet night in was brilliant. I would recommend NOT watching the posted clips but just dive into the whole thing, a worthy half hour of comedy. To see bits will ruin the experience!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    Quiet night in was brilliant. I would recommend NOT watching the posted clips but just dive into the whole thing, a worthy half hour of comedy. To see bits will ruin the experience!
    Oops. Didn't want to spoil things so I've killed the links.

It's not a competition.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7526
    I'm up to "the devil of Christmas" - very clever 
    Red ones are better. 
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    Neill said:
    Totally agree - why it is hidden away at 10pm on a Tuesday is beyond me, I read somewhere that typical viewing figures barely amount to a million.  Yet some of the output in the No 9 series qualifies as the best TV ever made - "The 12 days of Christine "
    " for example. 

Agreed.I watched it again at Christmas for the fourth time,and the reveal at the end still reduced me to a blubbering wreck.

Absolutely stunning tv.

One of the most effecting things I’ve ever watched. Stunning. 
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    The episode in series two with Sheridan Smith is heart wrenching. Absolutely tremendous acting but then again I've a soft spot for Sheridan.
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    There’s a lot of comparisons to be drawn between 9 and Black Mirror too. I do like a good anthology series.