Inside No. 9

What's Hot

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13960
    Dead Thread Redemption...

Been binging all 5 series of Inside No.9 over last few weeks. It really is outstanding TV. Sadly, I've just a few episodes to go before all done.

The latest episode I watched was 'Love's Great Adventure' was again an exceptional episode, absolutely brilliant.

The Hallowe'en episode 'Dead Line' was mind boggling with the surprises, is that history of the Granada TV studios hauntings real? and that clip showing Tony Wilson reporting for Granada News was a real surprise. I need to Google it.

2 more series commissioned by the BBC apparently which is great news.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6908
    Have you seen the Death Be not Proud episode yet? Hopefully I won’t spoil it by saying it neatly revisits the characters David and his Mum from Psychoville.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    Iamnobody said:
    Have you seen the Death Be not Proud episode yet? Hopefully I won’t spoil it by saying it neatly revisits the characters David and his Mum from Psychoville.
    Yep, I haven't watched Pschoville so that reference was missed on me.

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2227
    Great series. I'm just working my way through Black Mirror now
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6908
    Iamnobody said:
    Yep, I haven't watched Pschoville so that reference was missed on me.
    Something else to Binge on!
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10341

The Twelve Days Of Christine is up there as one of the best bits of tv ever. I've seen it at least five times, and it still gets me emotional at the end. I never bought into the whole Sheridan Smith, national treasure narrative, but she's stunning in that episode. The final scene, where she realises what's happening is just perfect. She emotes so much with the limited dialogue and subtle facial expressions it's hard not to get choked up. Brilliant, brilliant acting and writing. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4205

The Twelve Days Of Christine is up there as one of the best bits of tv ever. I've seen it at least five times, and it still gets me emotional at the end. I never bought into the whole Sheridan Smith, national treasure narrative, but she's stunning in that episode. The final scene, where she realises what's happening is just perfect. She emotes so much with the limited dialogue and subtle facial expressions it's hard not to get choked up. Brilliant, brilliant acting and writing. 

That's the only one I've seen and it's a spectacular bit of television 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    I've got the whole lot on DVD and I've lost count of how many times I've watched each one.
    Psychoville's really good too.
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4205
    Is it available on any of the streaming services, does anyone know?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• ewalewal Frets: 2616
    It's all on iPlayer
    ewal said:
    It's all on iPlayer
    Yep, that's where I've been watching it. All done now, last episode watched tonight. Some very memorable episodes. It must take some work to conceive the stories, write them, write the scripts and act in them. Good work by Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith. It was good to see Steve Pemberton's former colleague Phil Davis from Whitechapel in an episode.

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5557
    Is it available on any of the streaming services, does anyone know?
    Seasons 1-4 are on Netflix
  • What's the verdict on series 6 chaps? It's just appeared on TV here. I watched 2 episodes last night (the football ref one and the Psychoville revisit) and I wasn't super impressed, but I've enjoyed some previous episodes, so i will plough on no doubt.
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1967
    I enjoyed it - but I liked the football ref episode.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7570
    Sassafras said:

Not now silent singer, not now! 
    Red ones are better. 
  • What's the verdict on series 6 chaps? It's just appeared on TV here. I watched 2 episodes last night (the football ref one and the Psychoville revisit) and I wasn't super impressed, but I've enjoyed some previous episodes, so i will plough on no doubt.

That's actually series 5, which I think is pretty strong. I think the football one ("The Referee's a Wanker") is one of the weakest of that series episodes. I really enjoyed "The Stakeout" and "Misdirection".

Series 6 aired last year in the UK and it was pretty patchy, but a lot of that was down to the filming constraints from Covid and havign a smaller cast. They have just finished filiming Series 7 which should be on early next year.
    edited November 2021
    The final episode of Season 6 'Last Night of the Proms' was excellent, with Sarah Parish (swoon)

A very good but tragic examination of Britishness

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23125
    I wasn't that impressed with series 6.  Having said that, I always found the earlier series a bit patchy as well, but I watched all 5 series on iPlayer last year and thought there was barely a dud among them, so maybe it depends on my mood at the time.

The last episode of s6 I found quite disturbing, unless I'm getting them mixed up.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2568
    Sassafras said:
    I think it's brilliant but under appreciated. This scene is hilarious:

• The beauty of the series is that each episode is a self-contained, totally different story in a different style. 
    Problem with such eclecticism is that it makes it a bit like a Queen album - Always a duffer amongst the gems.