Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your favourite Analogman pedal

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Yeah, but you can get a Sunlion with a buffer built into it to come after the fuzz, so couldn’t you just buffer after the fuzz?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • antifash said:
    Yeah, but you can get a Sunlion with a buffer built into it to come after the fuzz, so couldn’t you just buffer after the fuzz?
    I sometimes I use a wireless system which is a buffer before the fuzz which will effect the sound. Sometimes I feel that it just adds a variable that I don't want to have to work with :( However I do love the sunface but it's expensive so would be a luxury for me. 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1422
    I loved the Beano Boost, BUT the D*A*M Supa Rooster does sound a lot better and much more versatile! Can get the same tone as the Beano and a lot more. The Beano is the only Analogman pedal I could say that about though. I love the CV7005 Sunface, the newer NKT red dot Sunface and the BC183 Sunface. All 3 sound totally different. I actually use 2 Sunfaces on my board. Also l love the Sunbender MK1.5 (I have serial number 2 so cant possibly ever get rid of that). Astrotone is incredibly versatile and REALLY hard to get a bad sound out of. Sounds amazing stacked into a KoT. But I prefer Sunfaces into a cranked amp. The Astrotone for me is a compromise pedal. It’s good if you can’t get a Sunface to sound great due to amp/guitar etc. Sunfaces can be pernickety after all with the wrong guitar/amp/temperature.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Lebarque said:
    It's just the buffer thang that will always restrict me wanting a sunface or similar. Shame cos I really like gthe sound :(

What buffer thing?
    Fuzz faces don't like buffers in front of them. Just the guitar before it 
    Watch the latest TPS episode on buffers and fuzzes - it's all a big myth (well, for silicon transistors anyway).
  • antifash said:
    I sometimes I use a wireless system which is a buffer before the fuzz which will effect the sound. Sometimes I feel that it just adds a variable that I don't want to have to work with :( However I do love the sunface but it's expensive so would be a luxury for me. 

There are few things better than a good fuzz face style pedal (and there are so many available) but I am the same - I got rid of the silicon variant I built which sounded ace because I really need a buffer. 
  • rico said:
    Lebarque said:
    It's just the buffer thang that will always restrict me wanting a sunface or similar. Shame cos I really like gthe sound :(

What buffer thing?
    Watch the latest TPS episode on buffers and fuzzes - it's all a big myth (well, for silicon transistors anyway).

No, it's not - my old axis fuzz had silicon transistor and hated buffers, went all squishy and lacking dynamics. 

If TPS said buffers only affect germanium fuzzes, they are misinformed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3870
    rico said:
    Lebarque said:

What buffer thing?

No, it's not - my old axis fuzz had silicon transistor and hated buffers, went all squishy and lacking dynamics. 

If TPS said buffers only affect germanium fuzzes, they are misinformed. 
    Agree. It all comes down to what equipment you're using, signal path etc. I've heard the fuzzface issue with buffers and wahs first hand and it isn't pretty! (but perfectly solvable). They didn't do a great job of demonstrating the issues on TPS, but remember they're running through the G2 and goodness knows what else jiggery pokery.