2»

Comments

• jakzekjakzek Frets: 55
    Very nice! Always wanted to try a Mayer strat, the Big Dipper pickups sound great, what colour did you get it in?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    edited February 2018
    jakzek said:
    Very nice! Always wanted to try a Mayer strat, the Big Dipper pickups sound great, what colour did you get it in?
    Highly recommend that you give one a run. Mine's the sunburst (which is not the colour I would have chosen) but I love it. Thinking of changing the the plastics to black...

• Wow, beautiful Strats. I agree, the Sunburst would look gorgeous with a black guard on it, although it is lovely as is.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • jakzekjakzek Frets: 55
    ellwood said:
    jakzek said:
    Highly recommend that you give one a run. Mine's the sunburst (which is not the colour I would have chosen) but I love it. Thinking of changing the the plastics to black...

That’s definitely my favourite colour out of his signatures, followed closely by the piano black one with gold hardware, another belter for your collection! 
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Been wanting to try one for ages. HNGD again! 

PS You better not sell these Strats before telling me! 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4727
    Ooh that Sonic Blue Strat with the mint pick guard looks lovely!  <3
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3640
    ellwood said:
    But "Only a Gibson is good enough"???

That is a good-looking Strat of course. What is it, AVRI?
    Just part of the man cave decoration ;)

Yes, AVRI 59. Acquired a sunburst a few weeks ago and was VERY impressed - so couldn't resist this.
    Just lovely. A '59 AVRI is something I fancy, possibly in Sherwood green but your sonic is very nice.

Stopped making them now.  :/