Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Cinema seating

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• I sit where there is an aisle behind me, nearer the front... so nobody can kick the seat or put their feet on the seat next to me. Honestly, some folks' manners... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    One time I went to the drive-in, in a taxi.

The film cost me £90
  • In my local cineworld I always try to sit on the front row of the terraced seats ( these are located behind several rows on the flat area right in front of the screen). These are raised and there’s a fairly big gap between the seats and the balcony barriers, on which you can stretch out and rest your feet. And there’s nobody in front of you being annoying and distracting. 
  • Odeon luxe, @ICBM

I love those new seats, much better for my little 6yo too :)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72340
    Odeon luxe, @ICBM

I love those new seats, much better for my little 6yo too :)
    Yes. You're welcome to them!

I'll be going to Fort Kinnaird instead now, they still have the normal seats. Shame it's (slightly) more of a faff to get to.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• The only bad thing is that the cinema is usually full now, whereas before you’d be one of 5 patrons a lot of times!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22832
    The only bad thing is that the cinema is usually full now, whereas before you’d be one of 5 patrons a lot of times!
    It's still quiet if you go on a weekday afternoon.  I went to see Don't Breathe last year and I was the only person in the cinema.
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Hi. 

In case you’re interested: when a film is tested for audio by an official engineer, they always sit past the middle (toward the rear) to the right of the screen. That is where they check the audio. 

Cheers. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72340
    The only bad thing is that the cinema is usually full now, whereas before you’d be one of 5 patrons a lot of times!
    I don't doubt they're more popular - although given that the capacity of the cinemas has been reduced by between a half and two-thirds, it's not surprising they're usually full.

Personally I detest the seats though - I couldn't ever stand that sort of lounge furniture, so to have it at a cinema is not my idea of a comfortable viewing experience. And not being able to get a half-decent seat unless you book well in advance makes it a complete no go. They haven't "upgraded" Fort Kinnaird or Lothian Road, but I think I prefer Cineworld now anyway, apart from the horrendous car park...

antifash said:

In case you’re interested: when a film is tested for audio by an official engineer, they always sit past the middle (toward the rear) to the right of the screen. That is where they check the audio.
    Why to the right?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein