Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Helix LT or Pedals

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• steer said:
    For goodness sake he bought a zoom, not a helix. The silly in arguments about the helix is therefore completely irrelevant and not necessary. 

FWIW The Zoom G3 is exactly the type of thing I would point people in the direction of for their first effects unit. 
    Did I miss the part where he bought a zoom???

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wwwwww Frets: 72
    The Zoom arrived today! 

I haven't really done anything with it yet but the little I have done suggests it's going to do me just fine for quite some time. It seems pretty easy to configure and I think it's pretty safe to say that I owe you chaps a word of thanks for pointing me in the direction :) 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
    Arse bag

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4723

I had a Zoom G3 for ages and it sounded great.
    Many effects are easily as good as the Helix and it’s a very intuitive unit.   I only moved mine on for a change after several years, but do occationally think about picking up another.
    They work great with other pedals too if you ever want to expand.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7779
    Sporky said:
    meltedbuzzbox said:

you are right. I must have got confused somewhere between turning the effects on and off and connecting the helix to my amp.

I dont have to sugar coat my opinion to make things more palatable for you.

I wouldn't steer a new starter towards a £650+ bit of kit and I would put the onus on learning to play. I would say that is more helpful than getting all jumped up and defensive about your fanboy, bandwagon ridding, flavour of the month helix and the generic opinions that come with it. 
    You do understand that when you post hysterical, passive aggressive, rude nonsense like this it makes you seem a bit unhinged?

Calling people fanboys because you weren't capable of getting a good sound from a Helix and they are is childish and pathetic.

How's that for not sugar coating an opinion? Do you want to go back to being a polite grown-up yet?

@www - don't worry, most of us are capable of dealing with other people having different opinions. :)
    Take a holiday please. Being a judgemental self appointed public defender is fairly unhinged too.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    www said:
    The Zoom arrived today! 

I haven't really done anything with it yet but the little I have done suggests it's going to do me just fine for quite some time. It seems pretty easy to configure and I think it's pretty safe to say that I owe you chaps a word of thanks for pointing me in the direction :) 
    Enjoy, I love my Xoom G3n, love how simple it is to use and I can get some good tones out of it. It’s my best headphone practice solution so far. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom