SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

NO LONGER REQUIRED: Gibson Les Paul Standard faded

What's Hot

Comments

• bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Hyster said:

Is there a better year to aim for? Chambered or not?
    2005 is the most sought after year for these, I doubt they are significantly better than the other years though.
    IMO largely because the 2005's were the "originals" in the Standard Faded lineup.  But I must admit that my 2005 seems to be better built in some way.  It has a really solid feel to it which has nothing to do with weight as such.  It just feels more substantial in some way I can't quite describe.

As an entire package, though, my 2011 wins every time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve emailed them and asked if they’d be willing to discount but I can’t see they’ll come down to what seems to be a fair price compared to other sellers 

There were two on eBay that sold for 1k
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I’ve emailed them and asked if they’d be willing to discount but I can’t see they’ll come down to what seems to be a fair price compared to other sellers 

Yep, and a jubilee 25/50 went the other day for less than £300, and I bought none of them :(. There's always bargains if you're patient, but you may be waiting a long time for the next one
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_A said:
    I’ve emailed them and asked if they’d be willing to discount but I can’t see they’ll come down to what seems to be a fair price compared to other sellers 

Yep, and a jubilee 25/50 went the other day for less than £300, and I bought none of them :(. There's always bargains if you're patient, but you may be waiting a long time for the next one

I’m not expecting to grab one at that price just think some of these dealer prices are silly

I messaged that one and they read my message and haven’t replied so no discount on those £1995 prices by the look of it 
    John_A said:

I’m not expecting to grab one at that price just think some of these dealer prices are silly

I messaged that one and they read my message and haven’t replied so no discount on those £1995 prices by the look of it 
    I'm sure they'll reply to a polite request, probably just thinking about it
  • John_A said:
    John_A said:

Yep, and a jubilee 25/50 went the other day for less than £300, and I bought none of them . There's always bargains if you're patient, but you may be waiting a long time for the next one

I'm sure they'll reply to a polite request, probably just thinking about it
    I’ll let you know tomorrow 
  • I have a 2009 Standard - 4A tiger stripe book matched top in amber. Chambered. Perfect nick. Not sure of the neck profile. £1300 because a historic has come up that I am jonesing for!
  • I’ve heard back and they can bring it down to £1745 but looking at other dealers recently sold prices that’s still too much even for a 2005 model. £1500-1595 seems to be where they sit so I’ll hold out 
    I’ve heard back and they can bring it down to £1745 but looking at other dealers recently sold prices that’s still too much even for a 2005 model. £1500-1595 seems to be where they sit so I’ll hold out 
    Yes, I think that's a bit steep, but they do have some lovely ones in stock, let them know your maximum and you never know they may have a re-think, lovely guitars, here's my '07

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_A said:
    I’ve heard back and they can bring it down to £1745 but looking at other dealers recently sold prices that’s still too much even for a 2005 model. £1500-1595 seems to be where they sit so I’ll hold out 
    Yes, I think that's a bit steep, but they do have some lovely ones in stock, let them know your maximum and you never know they may have a re-think, lovely guitars, here's my '07

That’s gorgeous :)

I’m just going to walk away and hold out for a better deal and I don’t want to insult anyone 
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    That's gorgeous John - any chance of a pic of the reverse, especially showing neck finish, please?
    There you go @Fortheloveofguitar ; sorry for spamming your WTB thread

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    thank you (oops, yeah sorry etiquette oversight).
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    pmbomb said:
    thank you (oops, yeah sorry etiquette oversight).
    He gets a free bump every time we spam him :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    These are so purty I'm thinking of hauling my LP standard down to the local tanning salon. 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Don’t be sorry it’s making me want one even more 

Another update the guy said they import them in so after all the duty, vat, cites etc they can’t get the price down anymore than that 

Extremely nice and helpful chap though :) 

But that’s still overpriced so I’m in no hurry to pay over the odds especially if I decided to move it on down the line I’d lose way too much on it 
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    £1745 is a bit steep.

This one I don't believe ever sold, so might be worth sending the seller a message and see if he still has it?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-Faded-Honeyburst-with-Bare-Knuckle-pickups-/302612223122
    bodhi said:
    £1745 is a bit steep.

This one I don't believe ever sold, so might be worth sending the seller a message and see if he still has it?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-Faded-Honeyburst-with-Bare-Knuckle-pickups-/302612223122
    I messaged that guy a few weeks ago, he's just put some humbucker size P90's in in and will be keeping it for 'a good few months at least' while he makes his mind up
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    We've had some lovely news from our mortgage company today - they now want a 25% deposit. So I am about to list a load of guitars. My Faded will be amongst them if you are still looking for one? 2005, non-chambered. 50s neck. Mule in the neck, Stormy Monday in the bridge, original pickups included, Kinsman case, £1500.

• Thanks for all your input guys 

After a couple of weeks of intense searching for various Les Pauls I’ve settled on a model that I had in the past that I shouldn’t have sold 

A 2016 standard with asymmetrical 60’s neck and compound radius fingerboard. Covers everything for me 

Thanks again for chiming in :)