Songs that should of had a Guitar Solo - Correcting the wrongs of time?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340
    Keane Bedshaped, missed opportunity, but nice synth solo at 3:33 instead, would HAVE been a great chance to rock out.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2583
    tFB Trader
    KDS said:
    @Bucket really liked that :)
    Me too. awesome.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    @Zodiac51 said:
    Keane Bedshaped, missed opportunity, but nice synth solo at 3:33 instead, would HAVE been a great chance to rock out.

The thing is they would have done the guitar solo just like the synth solo, so it would not have been too different, it is typical of Keane's style
  • Eye Of The Tiger, dripping with awesome rhythm guitar doesn't have a fucking guitar solo!  It's even got spaces where you'd swear a solo was meant to go!  Travesty.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11793
    Rule The World by Take That, even seems to have a gap for a guitar solo, but it just didn't go on the record...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KII1ruAfvsg

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    tFB Trader
    Rule The World by Take That, even seems to have a gap for a guitar solo, but it just didn't go on the record...

Good Call, It is Take That though, they know Radio does not allow guitar solo's anymore
    Eye Of The Tiger, dripping with awesome rhythm guitar doesn't have a fucking guitar solo!  It's even got spaces where you'd swear a solo was meant to go!  Travesty.
    Wow travesty indeed
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    anything by Tubeway Army...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Which has - as Lloyd once put it - “that fucking piano solo”... it’s actually a combination of guitar stabs and fast piano, but should have been the other way round.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• AlexHunterAlexHunter Frets: 422
    Van Halen Eruption. Was waiting for the guitar solo but just heard a wasp masturbating in a tin can.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003

I actually had to listen to that coz I was sure it did have a solo...must have been Angels instead
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4930
    Free Bird.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    prowla said:
    Free Bird.
    its a long song, you just need to listen to the end without getting bored and skipping ahead
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22973
    Not quite the same thing but I'll shoe horn it in...I was listening to the Beastie Boys You Gotta Fight on the radio and that has a truly awful guitar solo. You could definitely have a SOTM to replace that, 
    Kerry King, I believe, did the original so I wouldn't like to say it to his face but it is genuinely crap. 
    I was going to say no, I really like that solo!  But I just watched the video on YouTube to remind myself... and it's awful.

Kerry King is much better on No Sleep Till Brooklyn.

I just went and looked at the credits (yes, I own a hip hop album...!) and funnily enough, Kerry is only credited on No Sleep.  Maybe he didn't do Fight For Your Right after all?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22973
    Anyway, songs which should have had a guitar solo....

Every Nu Metal song ever.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Philly_Q said:
    Not quite the same thing but I'll shoe horn it in...I was listening to the Beastie Boys You Gotta Fight on the radio and that has a truly awful guitar solo. You could definitely have a SOTM to replace that, 
    Kerry King, I believe, did the original so I wouldn't like to say it to his face but it is genuinely crap. 
    I was going to say no, I really like that solo!  But I just watched the video on YouTube to remind myself... and it's awful.

Kerry King is much better on No Sleep Till Brooklyn.

I just went and looked at the credits (yes, I own a hip hop album...!) and funnily enough, Kerry is only credited on No Sleep.  Maybe he didn't do Fight For Your Right after all?
    When I was googling to see who it was I found it on someone's list of worst all.time guitar solos and they said Kerry King and it rang a bell. It's almost extraordinarily bad, like a place marker for when they were going to add the proper solo.

Philly_Q said:
    Anyway, songs which should have had a guitar solo....

Every Nu Metal song ever.
    Nu metal not my kind of thing but when I've heard/ seen it it's loads of guitars, top of the range gear and never a solo. Frustrating. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12375
    Im guessing fight for your right was played by the beasties themselves, I could be totally wrong i havent checked. They can all play to a certain level so it wouldnt have been a stretch. They used to be a hardcore punk band.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"