Songs that should of had a Guitar Solo - Correcting the wrongs of time?

What's Hot
Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2595
in Off Topic tFB Trader
Was listening to classic 80's songs the other day and Bonnie Tylers Total Eclipse of the Heart came on, great vocal, full of hooks but in place of the guitar solo is a silly synth break, then you listen to her "I Need a Hero" it suffers a similar fate.

I am sure there are others too???

Maybe we should have a SOTM dedicated to correct these wrong doings..
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24435
    SOTM?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Emp_Fab said:
    SOTM?
    Solo of the month
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    "Thread titles that should've had a 'have' – Correcting the wrongs of the UK education system?"
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470
    DLM said:
    "Thread titles that should've had a 'have' – Correcting the wrongs of the UK education system?"

Beat me to it
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2595
    tFB Trader
    DLM said:
    I am not educated in the UK.... it is a global problem!

If an admin cares enough they can change it, I don't.... sorry
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    crunchman said:
    DLM said:

Beat me to it
    and me.

Back to the OP: I bought the 12" of Belinda Carlisle's Heaven on earth, copied it to my 4-track cassette machine, then added some guitar. I quite liked the result, and it must have blended in quite well with the original because not many people I played it to noticed that a guitar part had been added.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2204
    Was listening to classic 80's songs the other day and Bonnie Tylers Total Eclipse of the Heart came on, great vocal, full of hooks but in place of the guitar solo is a silly synth break, then you listen to her "I Need a Hero" it suffers a similar fate.

I am sure there are others too???

Maybe we should have a SOTM dedicated to correct these wrong doings..

I'll try to bear that in mind. I'm not sure where we legally stand creating SotM backing tracks that closely replicate actual songs. Maybe @TTony would know.

It's not a competition.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27684
    SoundCloud pull uploads that they think breach copyright.

But I don't know what the rules are on, for example, putting up a short backing track that's been created along the lines of the original (but clearly isn't the original), to allow others to add a new part.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • crunchman said:
    DLM said:

Beat me to it
    and me.

Back to the OP: I bought the 12" of Belinda Carlisle's Heaven on earth, copied it to my 4-track cassette machine, then added some guitar. I quite liked the result, and it must have blended in quite well with the original because not many people I played it to noticed that a guitar part had been added.

Belinda Carlisle: my first ever crush. That song came out when I was 10, still love it.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4993
    A simple song like SCOM would have benefited with the addition of a guitar intro and a good guitar solo at the end....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

TTony said:
    SoundCloud pull uploads that they think breach copyright.

But I don't know what the rules are on, for example, putting up a short backing track that's been created along the lines of the original (but clearly isn't the original), to allow others to add a new part.
    I've just been looking round their site and so far haven't found a page of rules about what you can and can't upload. I assume my Belinda Carlisle + guitar part recording (if allowed at all) would need a NOT MY SONG acknowledgement at least ... that's assuming I can even find the original recording
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2595
    tFB Trader
    Rocker said:
    A simple song like SCOM would have benefited with the addition of a guitar intro and a good guitar solo at the end....
    it makes the song, Cheryl Crow did a cover that lacked the epic-ness.
    A bit more snooping around on Soundcloud reveals this  bastards hid it behind a silly icon with 3 blobs on it and this silly editor won't let me highlight "this" and assign the relevant url to it.

SO I conclude that unless I get permission from the copyright owners of heaven on earth none of you people will ever get to hear what I did with it.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    Not quite the same thing but I'll shoe horn it in...I was listening to the Beastie Boys You Gotta Fight on the radio and that has a truly awful guitar solo. You could definitely have a SOTM to replace that, 
    Kerry King, I believe, did the original so I wouldn't like to say it to his face but it is genuinely crap. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31661
    crunchman said:
    DLM said:

Beat me to it
    and me.

I wouldn't have noticed either, I'd have topped meself after about a minute, so wouldn't have got to that bit. 
    :)
    @p90fool yes you would, there's guitar motifs in the intro! ;)
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31661
    Damn! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I once videoed a solo I wrote for "Ghost" by Ella Henderson, which is still one of my favourite videos of myself.

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KDSKDS Frets: 221
    @Bucket really liked that :)
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11975
    heh:

The great gig in the sky, instead of that vocal...

retreats to bunker...