This LP Custom is a fake isn't it?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• 2003amxl2003amxl Frets: 71
    Also the pickup rings are too thick.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 996
    Maybe it’s just me but the block fretboard markers seem wrong.  Too small perhaps
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6200
    By the way, well spotted @humbucko, you've saved someone from getting ripped off  :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12448
    Seller using Parcelforce and claiming you’ll get £2k worth of insurance cover is also fake.  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Wow you guys really know your stuff about guitar details etc. This is why I'd never buy a guitar on eBay or similar. I could do easily be fooled. I buy from reputable shops or persons only. May cost me more though but this is what the average con man uses I.e. Think your getting a bargain or something 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8812
    Wow you guys really know your stuff about guitar details etc. This is why I'd never buy a guitar on eBay or similar. I could do easily be fooled. I buy from reputable shops or persons only. May cost me more though but this is what the average con man uses I.e. Think your getting a bargain or something 
    I get all mine on here.  Probably got an entire person cave full of snide gear :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    edited March 2018

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• NeilMcGNeilMcG Frets: 62
    ... and not showing the Gibson name so it doesn't provide evidence for a prosecution for selling a fake.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Been delisted. Do you think he knows we're onto him ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12028
    If you guys keep getting these fakes taken down, you are doing a lot of service.

Would hate to think of someone dropping serious money and getting ripped off by one of these a**holes.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    If you guys keep getting these fakes taken down, you are doing a lot of service.

Would hate to think of someone dropping serious money and getting ripped off by one of these a**holes.
    Like the dude who bought this one and now can’t sell it? I get the impression he thought it was genuine when he bought it, if only the oracles would share their knowledge he wouldn’t have been ripped off in the first place, but no this place waits until some poor sod has sunk £1500 or whatever into an Epiphone masquerading as a Gibson THEN tells him it’s a fake. 
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Garthy said:

Like the dude who bought this one and now can’t sell it? I get the impression he thought it was genuine when he bought it, if only the oracles would share their knowledge he wouldn’t have been ripped off in the first place, but no this place waits until some poor sod has sunk £1500 or whatever into an Epiphone masquerading as a Gibson THEN tells him it’s a fake. 
    Admittedly it does seem like this guy has fallen foul but there’s plenty of specs and photos to go off online and had he asked on here before buying it I’m sure people would have been quick to point out it was fake.
    Reckon he’s learnt his lesson now though!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Garthy said:

Bit difficult for the "oracles" on here to help if he didn't pop by before he bought it. 

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12028
    Garthy said:

Did this place know...?

Are you selling it...? ;)

I'm almost certain that if asked the TFB oracles (that is a very flattering description that they will adopt I'm sure) would have given their opinion before?

Trust me, if this guy bought it for £1500 and has found it a fake then he has my sympathy. 

He loses it when he passes it off as not fake then tries to sell it on to some other poor sod, which is illegal anyway as it is counterfeit goods.

If he has just bought a Chibson online then tried to sell it on eBay as the real thing like a chancer, that's fraud and they put people in prison for that.

Just my 2 cents.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom