Gibson TV Les Paul Fun Fact

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    The guitar featured on the show was just like the single cut but was the color of the double.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1597
    I played a '55 that was very pale, almost white. 
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3297
    tFB Trader
    TV yellow is my favourite junior colour, i like the more ambered look of the later ones personally
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    Sonic Blue is similar, I've seen off white, pale blue and also greenish guitars all purporting to be Sonic Blue, just different years and different ageing.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72411
    WezV said:

My '57 was even more mustard/khaki than the one on the left - just not a nice colour. I've seen several other examples, every single one of which was better...

I did wonder several times whether I should get it refinished since it was great in every other way, but I couldn't bring myself to for something which was just personal taste really. Probably a mistake.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein