2»

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    NelsonP said:
    One more suggestion

Getting that biting strat tone.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2322
    If my guitars get buckle rash, so be it. Never puts me off when i'm buying. Anyway, you can do more damage with a plectrum.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • cbakaycbakay Frets: 67
    I would embrace it.

or...

(ew)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1783
    Keefy said:
    If my guitars get buckle rash, so be it. Never puts me off when i'm buying. Anyway, you can do more damage with a plectrum.

Is that Emporer Palpatine playing???

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Wear braces instead of a belt to hold up your trousers and don't wear jeans.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    It's part and parcel of playing guitar and I think it adds character. 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3408
    edited March 2018

• PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    BigMonka said:
    Keefy said:

Is that Emporer Palpatine playing???

You were close :) It's Willie Nelson.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • AndyRAndyR Frets: 158
    When I was young I used to worry about it. Back then I'd wrap a face-flannel or bar towel round my belt.

Nowadays, for my guitars, I really don't care. Things get scuffed, scratched, whatever, no matter how you try to protect them... there's bigger stuff to worry about.

Funnily enough, though, a guitar destroyed my favourite belt. I had one of the original Yamaha APX6 electro-acoustics, it had some sort of coating on the back. I was already over buckle-rash by then, so I didn't bother protecting it even though a scratch on it would have looked naff. However... it sanded down my metal belt buckle until the buckle fell apart. I hadn't even cottoned on to what was doing it until it was too late.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72644
    In the 1980s I used to wear my belt with the buckle round to the left, over the pocket. It looks fine with chinos, but not so good with jeans. And since it's no longer the 80s, I don't really wear chinos now...

I know a chap who tucks a cloth duster down the front of his trousers so that it hangs over his belt buckle.
    I also did that once... and once only. Someone asked me if I was a Freemason or something! Never did it again.

NelsonP said:

I've played that guitar...

I kind of wish I hadn't seen the pic now :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23106
    ICBM said:
    In the 1980s I used to wear my belt with the buckle round to the left, over the pocket. It looks fine with chinos, but not so good with jeans. And since it's no longer the 80s, I don't really wear chinos now...

I started reading that and was all set to say nothing looks fine with chinos... but you dealt with it yourself. :)
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Keefy said:

Accurate picking....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3408
    ICBM said:
    NelsonP said:

I've played that guitar...

I kind of wish I hadn't seen the pic now :).
    Wow. What's the story behind you playing it?