Kinman Strat Pickups Weight

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 819
    edited March 2018
     I was wondering about ‘Swiss-cheesing’ the area underneath the pickguard.  Even if that takes off 200 or 300 g that would be good.  Does that cost an awful lot?  And is there anyone in the Norfork area who would do that sort of job? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    If Floyd offer a titanium version of that bridge then that would be a good way to save weight?
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    edited March 2018
    dbphoto said:
    If Floyd offer a titanium version of that bridge then that would be a good way to save weight?
     Good point. However for the price of the titanium bridge, I could probably commission a brand-new body :)
    I must say the tuning stability is incredible - only a double locking system can better it.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    At 3.6kg, that’s bang on 8lbs is it not? That’s a pretty reasonable weight for Strat, upper end but nothing I’d get upset about. A light Strat is typically 7lbs - you really are talking the different of a lb here. For context, I noted that the latest American Originals up for review in the recent guitarist mag were all well over 8lbs (Strat; Tele, and Jag).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom