One pickup guitar - best to go bridge, neck or middle?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24809
    There’s a video on YouTube somewhere of Neville Marten demonstrating how to get different tones out of a vintage Les Paul Junior. At the end of it, I wondered if more than a bridge P90 was necessary on any guitar....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    Somewhere between middle and bridge. I'm basing this entirely on the Epiphone Century I played last summer. It were reet good.
    Doesn’t that have it between middle and neck?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27078
    ICBM said:
    Somewhere between middle and bridge. I'm basing this entirely on the Epiphone Century I played last summer. It were reet good.
    Doesn’t that have it between middle and neck?

Errrrr. yes.... I had remembered utterly backwards. Though the one I tried was in Australia. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    Somebody I know has an early Sixties Gibson ED-125D. I could happily play on its neck/Rhythm position P90 all day. By comparison, the bridge/Treble pickup was disappointing.

This video should give you the general idea. Jump to 5:40.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.