I would like a doublecut les paul junior.

What's Hot

Comments

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    @Schnozz that Lag is so pretty :)

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 659
    edited March 2018
    Raygun Relics sell double cut LPJ's , not sure of the origin but people seem happy with them.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3624
    powerhand said:

Not exactly as per the old Les Paul Juniors, but it is a Gibson, it is double cut and it is for sale for a lot less than in previous years...

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2018/USA/Les-Paul-Special-Double-Cutaway-2018.aspx

Cutaway is wrong shape. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31593
    JerkMoans said:
    Slightly different take on the thing but I picked up this double cut Les Paul Special recently.  One of the reviled 2015 models but I rather like it.  One more pickup: what's not to like? 

It also features the P90ST, the best Gibson pickup of the modern era IMO. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22914
    Neil said:
    Cutaway is wrong shape. 
    It certainly is, but I think it's an unusually sensible attempt by modern-day Gibson to strengthen that notoriously weak neck joint and allow the pickup to sit closer to the end of the fretboard.

And wrong though it is, it actually looks quite good (as did the 2015 version, apart from everything north of the first fret).
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    TTBZ said:
    JerkMoans said:
     One more pickup: what's not to like? 

The neck pickup, surplus to requirements :) does look very nice though.
    I’m generally more a neck man, although it would be entirely possible to hoick it out and cover the void with a scratch plate. Or stuff it with an old sock for a punk vibe/string mute concept.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited March 2018
    I have always thought the look of my PRS SEII looks uncannily similar to a DC/Special Jr...

http://i68.tinypic.com/2qxqdnb.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Wis :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    p90fool said:

Bold statement. I don't like them at all. Seemed to match the whole 2015 ethos.
    Babones said:
    p90fool said:

:(

Totally burst my bubble :cry: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    No worries, it's all subjective. You like what you like.  =)
    Babones said:
    No worries, it's all subjective. You like what you like.  =)
    But I don't know what I like.  That's why I come on here, so you lot can tell me :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Babones said:
    p90fool said:

I'm bold enough to nail them to anything which keeps still long enough 
    :)

http://i67.tinypic.com/6yksjn.jpg
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Wonder why Gibson are so shy to make vintage style double cuts. 
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    thanks for the ideas guys. budget isn't really an issue (apart from ridiculous money) i am in the middle of buying a place so my wife will be happy. so after a new kitchen and a new floor i am sure i will be free to save for something special.

On a separate note. any ideas for what I can do to the volume control on my current junior? it clears up really well, but there isa big jump from 10 where it's full whack but down to 9 its so clean.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1949
    hobbio said:
    @Schnozz that Lag is so pretty
    Thanks @hobbio - If you ever come across one, try it out!
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7032
    edited March 2018 tFB Trader
    adamm82 said:
    On a separate note. any ideas for what I can do to the volume control on my current junior? it clears up really well, but there isa big jump from 10 where it's full whack but down to 9 its so clean.
    Fit a 500K linear pot for the volume control which will make the volume change more even across the whole of the travel. 

If you still want it to clean up quickly (but not so quickly) a log pot with a better taper might do the trick.
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    adamm82 said:
    thanks for the ideas guys. budget isn't really an issue (apart from ridiculous money) i am in the middle of buying a place so my wife will be happy. so after a new kitchen and a new floor i am sure i will be free to save for something special.

Get anew wiring harness from Oil City pickups like I did with my junior. (It’s the same model as yours) Massive improvement. 
  • scalino65scalino65 Frets: 261
    @adamm82 ; would you be at all interested in building one? I have a gsp basses double cut body that I am about to paint. Its currently looking lovely having used proper grain filler,etc. I've figured out how to get what I think should be a nice TV finish too using transparent white with an aging coat over the top (all nitro). I'm never going to get round to buying and fitting all the bits (and I also have another junior now). I could paint it and if you liked the finish you could take it from there? 
    cheers
    will

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    markj said:
    adamm82 said:

Get anew wiring harness from Oil City pickups like I did with my junior. (It’s the same model as yours) Massive improvement. 
    What on earth for? He just needs a £4.50 pot. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom