Wireless system with germanium pedals

What's Hot
jaywo79jaywo79 Frets: 0
Hi all, new here so apologies if this is in the wrong place.
i have an akai wireless system from my guitar to my pedal board. Then the first two pedals are a germanium fuzz face style (eqd dream crusher) and a germanium treble booster (65amps colour boost). It would appear that the wireless is buffered, as seems to be the general way with them, and germanium pedals don’t like buffers. It’s very noticeable with the TB that it’s not happy with this set up (variable volume and just not sounding great).
Does anyone know of a solution to this? Is there such a thing as a non-buffeted wireless system? I’d rather lose the wireless than the pedals. I mainly use it during soundcheck as we’re a covers band that do our own sound. 

Thanks for any help you can offer. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16296
    I think we had something similar very recently on here although I can't find the bloody Discussion.

The previous one was a Smooth Hound wireless which you can dial in cable tone ( sort of thing) and I think that fixed it. Does the Akai have a similar feature? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • jaywo79jaywo79 Frets: 0
    I’ll have a look but it’s a very basic system so I’m not confident it will. Cheers
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jaywo79jaywo79 Frets: 0
    Thanks. Mine is actually AKG not Akai. Confusing brands with other stuff I own. Just happens my bass player has a smooth hound system which I’m going to borrow and see if I can get it to work with that. Cheers
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16296
    Cheers. Having re read that I'm not entirely sure I understand but borrowing the Smooth Hound and playing with the virtual cable length might fix it.

Some folk will use a looper to sound check from out front  if you have to lose the wireless ( and happen to have a looper or delay that loops on your pedalboard). 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.