Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3493
    Why cant we have Green?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6690
    edited March 2018
    Hate? 

OP, take a breath, chill and let the Love in. The world will be a better place for you... Or maybe a better place for us who don't shit a give about opinions.

Your granny loves us all, in her sunburst world of granny furniture. And we love her. 

Well I do. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5050
    steer said:
    It's the brownness of bursts that offends me. Who likes brown? Why brown? I dont get it.
    Er, you know the substance ‘wood’ that virtually all guitars are made of...?  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5861
    My taste in colour schemes for Guitars has changed in the last coupe of years. I used to hate 3 tone Sunburst on a Fender Strat until I realised it was the horrid clinical white scratchplate that ruined it. It has to be a Black or Mint Green plate to work with it for me, with the properly matched pick up colours of course.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    If it's done well it's beautiful on acoustics

https://i.imgur.com/XBdcLQ9.jpg

It also looks right on a nice ash body 54-55 strat. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31604
    I don't feel strongly either way generally, but I do like my guitars to have distinguishing features to separate them from the next one on the production line, and natural or sunburst helps with that.  

And it's the ONLY finish for an L-series Strat or a Gibson L-5. 
    :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Those Fender sun bursts are as subtle as a brick imho, there is no real blend and fade, the switch to dark is too fast and narrow
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9318
    New Kings Road have a stupidly priced 63 tele in 3 tone burst . I defy anyone to not like burst when they see that guitar in the flesh
  • I should have realized that this thread would just lead to more pictures of sunbursts. That’ll teach me to complain. 
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I'm not fond of a sunburst on a strat. I think they need to be vibrant colours. I have two sunburst guitars. I think a nice burst shows off a nice flame top. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 971
    sweepy said:
    Those Fender sun bursts are as subtle as a brick imho, there is no real blend and fade, the switch to dark is too fast and narrow
    I agree...I like sunburst but it is a real art to get the gradual fade from dark to light to make it look good... that stripey look looks terrible to me. Two tone burst looks better too.
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    I like sunbursts because they have a depth to them that block colours do not. Even better if there's a small amount of grain coming through. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I’m not keen on some of the weird colour bursts, or weird acid colour solid finishes. Other than that, I’m easy..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3030
    edited March 2018
    I like em.  I chose sunburst for my Strat out of all the colours available for us standards. I like seeing the woodgrain and associate them with Mike McCready and John Frusciante
    https://i.imgur.com/tEhXxRO.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    Certain colours suit certain guitars better than others.......
    I really don't like a Red Strat, White Tele, Blue Les Paul.......just personal choices
    but if you saw a TV yellow 335 you would all be revolted.............stick it on a Junior and it becomes so "right"
    I think it's what you accept as normal;
    Red Porsche ........horribly early 1980s
    Red Ferrari ...........is there any other colour to have ?
    British Racing Green Mercedes......No
    Traditional Green Range Rover or Discovery.......quite so old boy
    Black Lingerie..... sophisticated sexy
    White Lingerie...."not so much "
    Pink Dildo / Black Dildo ?..............................................ask the ladies

5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    equalsql said:
    It is, apart from that Bigsby ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    DrJazzTap said:
    I'm not fond of a sunburst on a strat. I think they need to be vibrant colours. I have two sunburst guitars. I think a nice burst shows off a nice flame top. 
    You don't like this?

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/musophilr/SquierJV57Strat_zps85c9624e.jpg

'Tis my only Strat but I think it's rather nice ...

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    Don't like sunburst on anything but a les paul where tobaccoburst does look quite nice. On Fenders especially it just looks so dull and generic to me. I tend to prefer either solid colours or trans/stained plain top if the grain is nice. Don't mind silverburst on an LPC but it has to be a nice graduated burst and not one that looks like a black ring has been sprayed on the edges.
  • The World Guitar Paint Colour Institute have anniunced that there will be Sunburst amnesty day,where players can hand in Sunburst Guitars without fear of prosecution for owning one! Come on Sunburst owners,do the right thing,and let's get these guitars off the streets!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6871
    edited March 2018

Oh man. The only thing worse than a sunburst is a black guitar with a corned-beef pickguard. 

You were doing so well up until this point, now I know you are trolling.... this is the only true colour scheme to have any guitar in..

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1