Posting Guitars

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72675
    modellista said:

On what grounds?
    If I remember correctly, that it was the maximum under their terms and conditions.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I wrote to UPS and asked specifically about a guitar. They responded that if you tried to ship in a case alone it would not be covered. If the case is in a regular shaped corrugated box it will be covered. 
    Being off the mainland, I have shipped a number of guitars packed in the same way as Reverb describe. Also took lots of pictures of the packing process to share with the purchaser. So far no problems.
  • ICBM said:
    Hermes don't offer compensation for instruments.
    https://www.myhermes.co.uk/help/carry-guide.html
    But no doubt, like Parcel Farce, they will take the money for the insurance without informing you of this...
    ...and to be fair to UPS, the moment you enter 'guitar' in the contents a box pops up saying max £100 for damage, £1000 for loss.
    It's a gamble for sure.
    If you do UPS via ParcelBroker there's specific instructions about how to pack so the instrument is insured for damage as well as loss.  Put it in a hard case inside a cardboard box basically.  So it is possible to get a >£1000 instrument fully insured for shipping.
    Rummaged around their site last night but still couldn't see a way of posting a £1k+ instrument fully covered.