(yet another) Awful experience with DV247.

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10278
    Yea I’m worried but now it’s with the courier it should be fine. I’ve already paid VAT so I’m hoping it’ll just be delivered with no Brexit hassle on top. 

I’ll probably never buy from them again. The guitar is £700 cheaper than other places so maybe the stress is covering that shortfall lol. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2809
    ^ I think that’s the way they work it (this is just a hunch, no real evidence).  I got very interested in a Michael Landau Strat they had advertised at a price that was so much lower than anywhere else.  When I spoke to them they did admit it “might take some time to come in”.  I think they do the take the money then source the product model a lot of the time.  That could mean they may not be able to get hold of that product at a workable price so it never comes.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    thebreeze said:
    ^ I think that’s the way they work it (this is just a hunch, no real evidence).  I got very interested in a Michael Landau Strat they had advertised at a price that was so much lower than anywhere else.  When I spoke to them they did admit it “might take some time to come in”.  I think they do the take the money then source the product model a lot of the time.  That could mean they may not be able to get hold of that product at a workable price so it never comes.
    It’s possible. They still have the guitar up on their online store for some reason. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72674
    Having read this thread I can absolutely guarantee I'll never buy anything from them, regardless of advertised price.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Having read this thread I can absolutely guarantee I'll never buy anything from them, regardless of advertised price.
    I bought a power supply from them a couple of years ago but I'm with you, definitely won't be risking it again.

And actually, now that I come to think about it, the power supply took a while and arrived with a European kettle lead... 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4175
    Added to the top of my retailer shit-list.
  • Okay after being told the guitar has shipped, not shipped, has shipped, it appears it did NOT ship on the Thursday but on Friday evening. I have the tracking now. 

It’s very strange that they don’t seem to know what is going on with their stock. You’d think they’d want to know. Very disorganised. 

Now I have to hope the guitar gets to me in perfect condition and I don’t have to deal with any returns. God forbid. 
    I had exactly the same thing with an amp....never did show up...had to get the CC company to do a chargeback in the end as DV247 had no clue what was going on. Painful.

Hope yours now turns up fine!
    Actually, this isn’t entirely true....a huge box did turn up that had been able to be tracked initially from Germany. And when it arrived it was completely empty except for................a brochure. WTF
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    I quite recently bought a La Grange pedal from DV24. Came from Germany within a few days and no issues. However having read this it’ll be my last purchase.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2899
    Okay after being told the guitar has shipped, not shipped, has shipped, it appears it did NOT ship on the Thursday but on Friday evening. I have the tracking now. 

It’s very strange that they don’t seem to know what is going on with their stock. You’d think they’d want to know. Very disorganised. 

Now I have to hope the guitar gets to me in perfect condition and I don’t have to deal with any returns. God forbid. 
    I had exactly the same thing with an amp....never did show up...had to get the CC company to do a chargeback in the end as DV247 had no clue what was going on. Painful.

Actually, this isn’t entirely true....a huge box did turn up that had been able to be tracked initially from Germany. And when it arrived it was completely empty except for................a brochure. WTF
    Not cool :-/
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Okay after being told the guitar has shipped, not shipped, has shipped, it appears it did NOT ship on the Thursday but on Friday evening. I have the tracking now. 

Was it at least a Peach brochure?
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerx said:

Was it at least a Peach brochure?
    I would have been happy with that. Or Littlewoods circa 1988. ;)
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited January 2021
    I must admit I haven’t had much dealings with DV247 apart from some small items. I do recall though buying a DV 50 mini head which I specifically asked to have a uk plug on it but when it arrived it had a euro plug instead. I sent it back and bought elsewhere but it was a hassle I wanted to avoid etc.

I only buy plate stickers for my temple audio board now from them but what annoys me most is DV247 sends these stickers that can fit in a small Jiffy bag in a shoe box sized parcel. Such a waste and unnecessary use of packing materials
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6829
    I hope all this stuff is being written on Trustpilot and Google reviews 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    I’ll wait I till I get it to give the full experience. There’s a lot of bad reviews on there. 
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    I ordered a pickguard bracket for a 335 last month from DV247, and not only did they decide to send it from Germany (not mentioned on the website), when it finally arrived it turned out to be a blanking plate for some obscure rackmount synthesiser.  They won't even look into it until I send it back to Germany, for the price it's not even worth the bother to return.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 329
    My experience with them was to buy something that was listed in stock  and 2 day delivery. After 2 days I sent them a message and they said it actually isn't in stock and they're waiting on their German supplier bit cannot tell me when.
    Asked for a refund
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1577
    Phew - ironically, I was going to post an ‘anyone know if DV247 are reliable’ thread.

But don’t need to now, nor consider buying from them (more than a monkey - so not small change).

Thanks for the heads-up.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30951
    Gavin James - Head of E-Commerce - Westend DJ | LinkedIn

• Oct 2014 - Aug 20172 years 11 months

• DV247  Digital VillageDV247 / Digital Village4 years 3 months
      • Executive Manager - Sales and Marketing

Aug 2013 - Aug 20141 year 1 month

Romford, United Kingdom

Following on from the sale of DV247 to MusicStore the focus of the marketing team shifted due to an expansion in product portfolio. I restructured the department to deliver new look product pages for the additional lines and thanks to the SEO strategy used we were able to increase traffic to the website by 22%.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• russpmrusspm Frets: 445
    I’ve bought stuff from them twice in the last few months and both times it has been a smooth and trouble free experience. Sorry to hear about this though.
  • rossirossi Frets: 1707

I bought a Midtown and a Fender neck  from Germany and had no issues .When I went in the Romford store a few years ago no one came up and asked to help which was great as I just wanted a look round .