(yet another) Awful experience with DV247.

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4729
    rossi said:
    Should always pay by credit card .much safer .

This   B)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4000
    I got my Hofner bass from them. it was fine but took much longer than expected because it was shipped from Germany despite the bullshit about being “in stock at their Romford store”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    Ordered a pedal from them last week, took 7 days from Germany. Excellent service.
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 942
    A while back I ordered an amp valve from them. When it turned up it was completely the wrong valve.
    Even though it wasn't an expensive item that would cost about the same to post back as write off, they insisted I needed to return it before they would issue a refund. They never sent me any return packaging and my subsequent enquiries came to nothing.
    I just gave up in the end and wrote off the relatively small cost - it wasn't worth expending the effort and hassle of taking it further.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11472
    Gassage said:
    Gavin James - Head of E-Commerce - Westend DJ | LinkedIn

• Oct 2014 - Aug 20172 years 11 months

• DV247  Digital Village

DV247 / Digital Village

4 years 3 months

• Executive Manager - Sales and Marketing

Aug 2013 - Aug 20141 year 1 month

Romford, United Kingdom

Following on from the sale of DV247 to MusicStore the focus of the marketing team shifted due to an expansion in product portfolio. I restructured the department to deliver new look product pages for the additional lines and thanks to the SEO strategy used we were able to increase traffic to the website by 22%.

The "sale" after they went into a dodgy flatpack administration.  They stitched up suppliers for very large amounts of money.  Staff in all the shops except the head office turned up to work on the Monday morning to find themselves locked out with no job anymore.  Meanwhile the management who did that carried on in their jobs under the new ownership.  Totally wrong.

I will not buy anything from them.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • SyncSync Frets: 289
    I bought a gibson midtown from musicstore.de directly when they had that firesale c5 years ago. Arrived in a couple of days from Germany. Had enough qc issues to warrant a return at their own advice on the photos. They organised a courier to return back to de.

Refund was quick, customer service was excellent.

DV247's business model has been decimated by brexit. It's one of those where fronting for musicstore worked 80-90% of the time pre brexit but when it goes wrong, it's very challenging. I had never had sterling service before the pre-package administration from DV247 but it was store dependent and at least UK trading based.

As with everything these days review sites scores are often only filled with the negatives. It's hard deciding genuine negatives and not buyers trying to scam free goods vs genuine vs fake (paid for) positives. Even John Lewis is getting more and more negative reviews. 

I look at the responses more by the store now.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1756
    @TeleMaster Did you get your guitar in the end?
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    Voxman said:
    rossi said:
    Should always pay by credit card .much safer .

This   B)
    Unless it's under £100 in which case PayPal actually gives you more protection. :)
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10278
    Yea. So I sent an email saying I wanted to cancel the order regardless of where it was in the delivery chain. They never got back to me. Then UPS were a joke and it took 4 weeks but then it just turned up. 

I told them I wouldn't keep it but it's a lovely guitar so I did. 

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Sometimes I drive to Dv247 and use their parking bays, whilst I swiftly abscond over the road 30 seconds to Pmt and or Dunelm or the doctors surgery. 

I call it a spite park. 

Take that you fuckers. You’ll never catch me alive. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2613
    tFB Trader
    skunkwerx said:
    Sometimes I drive to Dv247 and use their parking bays, whilst I swiftly abscond over the road 30 seconds to Pmt and or Dunelm or the doctors surgery. 

I call it a spite park. 

Haha.. I have done that too... And not cos PMT dont have their own parking but cos of where they are you gotta go all the way up the Eastern Ave just to turn around and come back..

But yes.. I do believe I also sorta thought to myself   FU DV247   :)  Silly I know...  But my last experience with them was so bad they deserve it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Rabs said:
    skunkwerx said:

I call it a spite park. 

Haha.. I have done that too... And not cos PMT dont have their own parking but cos of where they are you gotta go all the way up the Eastern Ave just to turn around and come back..

But yes.. I do believe I also sorta thought to myself   FU DV247   :)  Silly I know...  But my last experience with them was so bad they deserve it.
    Haha excellent! 

Yeah exactly, I usually go through Romford then up Pettits lane and back down the Eastern Ave to get to Pmt. 

Still, a hell of a lot better than trying to park near the station when they were there! That was a nightmare..
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1756
    Yea. So I sent an email saying I wanted to cancel the order regardless of where it was in the delivery chain. They never got back to me. Then UPS were a joke and it took 4 weeks but then it just turned up. 

That's crazy. I have only bought a pedal from them years ago but definitely won't be interested in making any purchase there ever again.
    Glad your guitar turned out to be ok though.

That's crazy. I have only bought a pedal from them years ago but definitely won't be interested in making any purchase there ever again.
    Amazingly it turned up in tune. 
  • mbembe Frets: 1840

Amazingly it turned up in tune. 
    What tune was that? The Happy Wanderer?
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4175

Some good reviews, some bad.

Do ya feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
  • Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 1060
    I few years I got taken for £200k by a company. I knew the company was struggling a bit, and because I had dealt with them for years I wanted to be loyal and try and help them through their issues. 

They had a few weeks of quiet orders and then two big weeks, which they told me was just to get them back in a good stock basis as things were looking up.

This often happens just before people go bust, but I took their word for it.

Think I got about £1500 out of the £200k owing. 

To me there is something deeply unpleasant when companies go bust. I understand it happens and they will be under pressure, but what I genuinely don’t get it their desire to take from suppliers or treat people badly.

BHS was a prime example of greed and self indulgence at the cost of others.

For those that suffer but try and do their best for the staff and suppliers I have sympathy, but when they do wrong by them I wouldn’t go near them with a shitty stick again
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philtre said:

Some good reviews, some bad.

Do ya feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
    Some good, many bad. 
    Rob1742 said:
    I few years I got taken for £200k by a company. I knew the company was struggling a bit, and because I had dealt with them for years I wanted to be loyal and try and help them through their issues. 

They had a few weeks of quiet orders and then two big weeks, which they told me was just to get them back in a good stock basis as things were looking up.

This often happens just before people go bust, but I took their word for it.

Think I got about £1500 out of the £200k owing. 

To me there is something deeply unpleasant when companies go bust. I understand it happens and they will be under pressure, but what I genuinely don’t get it their desire to take from suppliers or treat people badly.

BHS was a prime example of greed and self indulgence at the cost of others.

For those that suffer but try and do their best for the staff and suppliers I have sympathy, but when they do wrong by them I wouldn’t go near them with a shitty stick again
    Hmv for me. 
    I worked there, over 10 years.. then they made us all redundant, closed the store, then a month later the manager got to reopen the store and pick his favourite staff to return. 

Fobbed me and 3 others off with a story about not having any more hours to give us so unfortunately we were out of a job. 

Yet he hired 3 brand new staff to cover out shifts..no hours my ass, all started the day after the store reopened.. 

I’m still pissy about it, being treated that way. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom