Which guitars would you grab in a fire

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    My rare 1959 Les Paul, but having failed I'd claim on insurance .. ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    My Les Paul Standard, it took me the best part of thirty years before I had the chance (money) to buy one. I have no wife and kids to save so it's an easy choice!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9673
    My Terry Morgan... irreplaceable.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    All of them. 
    If I die in the process then atleast I died for something. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    Kids flown the nest so in a fire I'd tuck the missus under one arm, leaving room for a guitar under the other. Difficult decision but my Schecter Tele bought in '82 was a huge step up from the previous crap '72 Fender Tele and has served magnificently over the years. It would have to be that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6172
    edited March 2018
    The 1978 Precision fretless bass that I saved so hard as a teenager to buy back then, and the Luther Dickenson 335 that I purchased from @Majorscale with the probate money I got after my Father died. To me they're priceless.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23140
    I haven't got any family or pets to rescue, so most likely my Ancho Poblano Strat.  Although there are probably one or two books with more sentimental value, if I could remember where they were.

My place would burn and burn once it got going.  All those old guitar mags.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2613
    tFB Trader

Lol...

Did anyone actually watch the video??   My thread title was just something they talk about at the beginning where Kirk and his wife actually had warning the fire was coming and told to evacuate so they had time to grab some stuff... And some of the actual point of the video and why I posted it is  they are talking about the Greenie/Moore burst.

So firstly he did actually have time.. Secondly, common...  Its a theoretical question and another way of saying which are your favourite guitars... I don't think anyone, even on a forum like this would suggest that a guitar is more important than someones life..

Sheesh...

Thirdly..  Would you all really still say that if you owned the Greenie burst..??

:)

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23140
    Rabs said:

Did anyone actually watch the video??   

I couldn't be arsed.  But I've watched some of it now.  Gosh, he's quite camp.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Rabs said:

Lol...

Did anyone actually watch the video??   My thread title was just something they talk about at the beginning where Kirk and his wife actually had warning the fire was coming and told to evacuate so they had time to grab some stuff... And some of the actual point of the video and why I posted it is  they are talking about the Greenie/Moore burst.

So firstly he did actually have time.. Secondly, common...  Its a theoretical question and another way of saying which are your favourite guitars... I don't think anyone, even on a forum like this would suggest that a guitar is more important than someones life..

Sheesh...

Thirdly..  Would you all really still say that if you owned the Greenie burst..??

I'm a huge Greeny fan and would die happy if I had that guitar in my hands! I don't know why but I feel a bit sad that Kirk Hammett owns it.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2613
    tFB Trader
    zepp76 said:
    Rabs said:

Lol...

Sheesh...

I'm a huge Greeny fan and would die happy if I had that guitar in my hands! I don't know why but I feel a bit sad that Kirk Hammett owns it.

Yeah I kind of had the same feeling when I found out he had bought it..  BUT even though I don't really like their music much any more (well apart from the first four albums) I think hes earned the right too if you see what I mean..  Id rather it be in the hands of a well known working musician than someone like, say ohh  Henry Juszkiewicz :D
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Rabs said:
    zepp76 said:
    Rabs said:

Lol...

Sheesh...

Yeah I kind of had the same feeling when I found out he had bought it..  BUT even though I don't really like their music much any more (well apart from the first four albums) I think hes earned the right too if you see what I mean..  Id rather it be in the hands of a well known working musician than someone like, say ohh  Henry Juszkiewicz D
    Yet Kirk actually took the thing on tour with him and recorded an album with it too. I don't see how you could be any more 'working musician' than that.

Personally I'd rather own some of Kirk's ESP Mirage/KH guitars, the 59 does nothing for me.

My Fire Guitar is my Jackson Dinky, I don't have to worry about the dog as I can't catch him for his bath so I think he will easily beat me out of the house if he's suitably motivated. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited March 2018
    Surely people would rather a guitarist owned, played and loved it (which he obviously does) than an investor/collector? To me it just looks like a fairly run of the mill Les Paul 

To answer the original question I would grab my Travis Bean 500 in one hand and my EGC Flying V in the other - I would then proceed to (slowly) make good my escape from the raging inferno
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I'd ensure the cat was safe first. If I could rescue "stuff" I'd start with the most difficult to replace which might be the Washburn SBF-80 as I think they are rare (in this country, at least), and the 45W mid 60s Plexis.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1543
    For sure my LP Custom '89. Apart from the fact it is still my favourite guitar to play, it has huge sentimental value to me and in that respect worth more than a pair of real '59s.
    There's also the two guitars I built for my boys - the rest is replaceable.

Adam
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    My 08 PRS Mira... Would claim the others on insurance... Would also grab the cat too and suffer the scratches despite the cat being 17 years old un-house trained and hates being held... 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27251
    Theoretically, my CS336, without a second thought. 

In reality, there is no way I'm carrying 2 cats AND a guitar down 42 flights of stairs... 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Rabs said:

Lol...

Did anyone actually watch the video??

No, generally I don't bother to watch people's videos without an idea of content and I'm probably not the only one.  I just answer the question in the thread title.

My answer is: no guitar, just spare clothes and credit card. I can get some timber later and cobble together replacements for most of my cheaper stuff. (My Ibanez RT650 is the favourite you really meant, but I wouldn't risk finger skin to rescue it.)

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11907
    If I had a fire and got the wife, kids, safely out, called firefighters and still felt safe to go back in and get guitars, I probably should have put the bugger out by peeing on it.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...