Dodgy?

What's Hot

Comments

• baldybaldy Frets: 195
    Sad it seems that 2 bidders are keen on it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mar10mar10 Frets: 12
    edited March 2018
    eBay is a joke  
     crooked sh1t like this is allowed & im sure we’ve all reported it

yet the slightest mention of something like “famous artist inspired” etc & they pull the listing

Then, theres a guy rebadging squiers n kicking them about a bit who then uses misleading descriptions to fool people into thinking they are buying some rare special relic (yawn)edition

It’s really sad that innocent (albeit not clued up) people are getting shafted on eBay daily & they don’t seem to give a p1ss as long as the listing is worded cleverly enough to save them any 
    legal action 

rant over

whats the betting there will be a thread on one of the many guitar forums from the poor shmuck who buys this?  :(  “I my les Paul fake?” 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    I would say that Gibson on the headstock would legally constitute a major part of the description.

The fact that the seller has taken care to choose his words in the written description does not absolve him from breaking the law by passing off an article that is clearly counterfeit. 

Reading the seller's story, it would seem that it has already been rejected once before after the  previous buyer showed it to a guitar shop.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Feels like a silly question, but have you reported it?

As a community we should get stuff like this pulled down as some poor sucker is going to be stung for £600 :(
    Support me on Youtube or Patreon
    https://www.patreon.com/leviclay    |    https://www.youtube.com/c/leviclay

• I'd love to do that, but he never mentions Gibson anywhere in the listing, therefore I daren't :anguished: 
    Even if he didn't say the word Gibson - it carries the Gibson trademark, so whether he's trying to pass it off as genuine or not is irrelevant. The item is counterfeit regardless. 
    Support me on Youtube or Patreon
    https://www.patreon.com/leviclay    |    https://www.youtube.com/c/leviclay
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9673
    £671 for a fake POS.

Plenty of us seem to have reported it. Well done ebay <claps hands sarcastically>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Unbelievable! £671 and the seller is expecting the buyer to pay most of the final sale fees.
  • mar10mar10 Frets: 12
    edited March 2018
    Could have bought himself 2 off alibabaexpress for that money... seeing more & more fake crap off there ending up on fleabay 

poor buyer 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9673
    I’m struggling to see how he can enforce that. The poor guy is just going to pay £671 + £24 shipping by PayPal. How is the seller going to insist he pays more?
  • amarok1971amarok1971 Frets: 338
    Ffs what a piece of shit he is, I hope the buyer gets it appraised and gets it destroyed and loses the money. Unfortunately people like that never seem to get their just deserts  :s 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • amarok1971amarok1971 Frets: 338
    I just sent him a message saying I hope he sleeps well tonight! He probably will tho, alas.
  • baldybaldy Frets: 195
    Nearly £700 for that ?
    The buyer paid around £600 to much  :/
  • Along with many of the other forum members i reported this item too...... ebay are a bunch of shites!!
  • oafoaf Frets: 300
    I reported this days ago. I rarely use eBay... is there some way of asking a question that shows up on the listing or did I dream that? All very shady.
    oaf said:
    I reported this days ago. I rarely use eBay... is there some way of asking a question that shows up on the listing or did I dream that? All very shady.
    The choice is up to the seller to display questions and answers on the listing. 
  • oafoaf Frets: 300
    Oh I see. He's not likely to have done that then. I wonder how many of us reported it, sounds like it should have been enough to trigger something. Perhaps forwarding his abusive messages to eBay would have got more attention?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14584
    oaf said:
    I wonder how many of us reported it
    More importantly, perhaps, for what rule breach(es) has the auction listing been reported? 

eBay is notorious for being more motivated over lost fees than the iffiness of individual auction item descriptions. It is possible that the vendor is involved in the eBay community who deal with complaints of this type. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    edited March 2018
    I decided to poke the 'Bay.

https://i.imgur.com/9EpzsHg.jpg?1

You could probably write the *community support* replies yourself. Some defended the vendor. Some claimed that eBay "cannot see the item" in order to comment on its authenticity (or lack of it). Most (correctly) pointed out that eBay can take no action against the vendor until the buyer reports the deception.

Funny how Big eBay cannot see the photographs of a dishonestly represented Chibson but they would have no problem detecting naughty contact details exchanges.

Colour me skeptical.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3019
    ...but back to the original question, has it got a neck break?
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Parcelforce will probably ensure that it soon does.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom