WTB a Bass guitar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2339
    Can I ask a couple of daft questions? 

If this is about pedals for bass then are active electronics a consideration? To what extent would a pedal react differently to a bass fitted with this?

As 5 ( or more ) strings are more popular now when voicing a pedal do you need to think about how it works down to low B ? 

I agree actually, the only unfortunate thing is that a good 5 string costs a fair amount to get a decent B string.

But, those Sire basses might actually be a good idea. I'm sure they do a passive/active 5 string....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    As others have said, there's always basschat. You could also ask @Bridgehouse

If you ask me, the Yamaha RBX series is good. I have an RBX375. Active electronics, fretted, 5 strings. IMO 5 strings is better - than 4, by 1 ;) - because the notes that you would have to play on string 4 frets 0-4 are easier to get on string 5 frets 5-9, these frets are closer together plus you get access to a wider range of notes without having to shift fretting hand position with 5 strings.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6118
    If it's for testing pedals then a 5 string active PJ style would cover all the bases (choose one that works well in passive mode).
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6221
    tFB Trader
    cool, so i am now investigating a 5 string Sire Marcus Miller Bass with switchable active electronics...... seems to cover a lot of bases ( bad pun)
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Although I’m a P bass man myself, given what you want it for, a 5 string active is a good call. I’ve played a few Sire basses and they have all been excellent. Good quality and good tone. One was a bit on the heavy side but I suspect that doesn’t matter for you.

Basschat is def. your friend - post a wanted ad for a 5 string active (sire or not) and you’ll get plenty of replies 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom