Prs singlecut pre lawsuit values?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11472
    Looking at the classifieds, that has to be some kind of record.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • justtt007justtt007 Frets: 205
    I’m devastated I’ve bought it and I just can’t get to grips with it, my custom 22 had wide thin neck I think that’s where I’m at with prs :-( wish I’d waited a while now! They just don’t seem to come up very often with birds a a 10 top
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1495
    Keep playing it.  I have a 2001 in translucent Gretsch Turquoise and the neck is a little more chunky than my 1999 standard, but I have lots of guitars with worse necks.  I wasn't really happy with the pickups (mind you I haven't been happy with any PRS pickups I've had), and I replaced them with a set of Bare Knuckle Abraxas and it made a huge difference to me.  Mine also had an adjustable wrap around, which I thought wasn't helping.  I put the non-adjustable back on it and that helped the sustain and overall tone.

They do take a little bit of adjusting to, but they are nice once you get over the initial period of getting used to the feel.  I had to play mine at a rehearsal to get used to it's overall feel and balance.

Hope you can come to terms with it.
    I think I might just have to, been playing it this afternoon and it sounds awesome, bridge pickup is very edgy at full volume but gets good classic tones as you roll down the volume, I didn’t initially like the neck pickup but I’ve dropped it right down now to just below the pickup ring and it’s got a real vintage paf vibe going on, I was kinda expecting a 50s Gibson profile on this but it’s very different!
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3128
    Yup - keep playing it.  In my experience, it takes AGES to get comfortable with a new profile, width or radius.  Only once you are familiar with it can you judge .
    Cheers for the encouragement chaps was fit to hang myself this morning lol
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1654
    edited April 2018
    I've got a 2003 SC that is ludicrously heavy and has a neck like a baseball bat. I bought it regardless as the guy was selling it for peanuts and I'd wanted a PRS forever. At first I just couldn't get on with it but after a couple of weeks it seemed to just hook me and now I'd never sell it.

The neck is a proper handful but in a good way as it just feels so solid. The thing plays like butter which means that the thick old neck never makes you feel cumbersome. It's just different.

I've also got a Les Paul Standard that, quite frankly, feels a bit like a toy compared to the PRS. I love the look and vibe of the LP but the PRS is the player.
    I’m starting to get fully to grips with it now, was to hot on the pickups at first (prs6) but after lowering them right down they do a pretty decent vintage paf impersonation!