SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED: Audacious WTB: Dual Footswitch Hudson Broadcast

What's Hot
jacklawteyjacklawtey Frets: 284
edited April 2018 in FX £
(I think) I’ve got a deal for a single footswitcher, which is great, but I’m also after a second dual footswitched version. I know this is a long, long shot but you never know - good bunch on here. 

Thanks! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jacklawteyjacklawtey Frets: 284
    Bump
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 394
    Jack
    Peach Guitars have anout 60 special 24v ones coming in early Summer....not sue what date/month this means...
    You can ring tjem and be put in the waiting list
    I snagged one from this amazing forum!!
    Happy pedal searching.
    Jon

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks for the tip Jon! Appreciate it, glad you got yours. How’re you liking it?
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 394
    edited April 2018
    Amazing...left side on always as base tone and right side for a bit more...need to tweak internal gsin control. 
    Early days for me.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6836
    Aren’t the peach guitars one brightpink?! Not sure I could go with that vibe on my pedalboard. 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 666
    JonHosker said:
    Jack
    Peach Guitars have anout 60 special 24v ones coming in early Summer....not sue what date/month this means...
    Happy pedal searching.
    Jon

Am I right in thinking the 24v ones use an internal charge pump to take the 9v up to 24v?

And that the standard version can run anywhere from 9v to 24v, which in theory makes it more flexible?

Do the 24v ones have the option to run them at lower voltage too? Obv the 24v increases the headroom, but that’s not always what some folk want.

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3871
    JonHosker said:
    Jack
    Happy pedal searching.
    Jon

Am I right in thinking the 24v ones use an internal charge pump to take the 9v up to 24v? YES

And that the standard version can run anywhere from 9v to 24v, which in theory makes it more flexible? YES

Do the 24v ones have the option to run them at lower voltage too? Obv the 24v increases the headroom, but that’s not always what some folk want. NO

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • yorkioyorkio Frets: 173

I'd try Mansons and Northern Stompboxes too - when I asked Hudson about availability of the dual Broadcasts, Michael told me that they'd both be getting stock in the next month or so. That was about three weeks ago so I guess that would be about now-ish.

I also asked about differences between the 24v and 9v versions and he said:

“The Broadcast and the 24V Broadcasts are the same circuit except for the voltage booster in the 24V model - so the regular Broadcast ran from a 24V supply will sound and react the same as one of the 24V Broadcasts. The only other difference is that the 24V models have a 3-way toggle switch versus the 2-way on the regular - this extra position on the 24V model was added to offer an approximation of the low-gain sound of the regular Broadcast, when ran at 9V.”

So you can get all the tonality available from the 24v pedal from the 9v, plus, he said, "some in between variations by running it at 18V or anywhere between 9V and 24V."

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    yorkio said:

I'd try Mansons and Northern Stompboxes too - when I asked Hudson about availability of the dual Broadcasts, Michael told me that they'd both be getting stock in the next month or so. That was about three weeks ago so I guess that would be about now-ish.

I also asked about differences between the 24v and 9v versions and he said:

“The Broadcast and the 24V Broadcasts are the same circuit except for the voltage booster in the 24V model - so the regular Broadcast ran from a 24V supply will sound and react the same as one of the 24V Broadcasts. The only other difference is that the 24V models have a 3-way toggle switch versus the 2-way on the regular - this extra position on the 24V model was added to offer an approximation of the low-gain sound of the regular Broadcast, when ran at 9V.”

So you can get all the tonality available from the 24v pedal from the 9v, plus, he said, "some in between variations by running it at 18V or anywhere between 9V and 24V."

Great stuff all around, appreciate it! I emailed Northern Stompboxes since I’m round the corner, still gonna be a month or two!
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    Peach Guitars pre-order is on their site now.
    Dual footswitch version.
    wesker123 said:
    Dual footswitch version.
    Appreciate the heads up very much! Seems luck isn’t on my side and I paid over the odds about 12 hours ago on a £200 one from Reverb. Suppose £30 over RRP to skip the wait isn’t so bad. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    wesker123 said:
    Dual footswitch version.
    Appreciate the heads up very much! Seems luck isn’t on my side and I paid over the odds about 12 hours ago on a £200 one from Reverb. Suppose £30 over RRP to skip the wait isn’t so bad. 
    You're too rich lol
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    Not so! Just impatient.