Has anyone gone Wah less?

What's Hot
shaunmshaunm Frets: 1632
I have gone on a pedal buying mission of late and the result is that i am running out of space. 

Due to the fact I am needing more in the way of fuzzes and modulations it may well be my Wah that takes the hit. If i really need a wah I can attach it to the side of my board I guess? 

Does anyone else do this?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27138
    I haven't had a wah on my board in years. Occasionally add one first in the chain if needed.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    edited April 2018
    I currently haven't got a wah on my board because I can't find one that I like i.e. one that works equally well with cleans and overdrive. I've tried loads but the ones I've had sit off the board

The current one that I have, a Boss PW-3, and not quite a mini but not full size, remains in its box but it can fit on my Pedaltrain Jr (Xotic Wah size)
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8733
    shaunm said:

Does anyone else do this?
    Yes. My wah sits off my board so that I can balance my weight on the other foot and operate the pedal smoothly. Yes, I have to plug it in each time I use it. I added a stereo jack socket so that there’s only one cable to plug in.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • It's pretty common to have the wah or volume pedal off board if they won't fit.  They're generally heavy enough to stay put better than a typical stompbox pedal anyway.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5162
    I haven't had one on my board for years either, but mostly because I haven't had a need for one. There's a Vox Clyde McCoy in a cupboard somewhere.

I wouldn't put it on my angled board because I don't think it would be very comfortable. If I needed one I'd put it on the floor. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    No wah on my board(s) - if I want one I use an auto-wah
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6711
    No, because I have this....  ;)

It is bloody ginormous... it may not stay with me too long, but it is the most amazing thing! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

Gone the other way. Just put a wah on the board after yeeeaaars of not having one.

Most likely just a phase. I've been switching between a phaser or flanger for 'a bit of wobble' for a few parts of songs, but the wah works for that too.

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    I don't have a wah because they make me play too many cliches.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6728
    I'm only in this game to play the cliches. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I took the wah off PedalBoard MkI because (i) I wasn't using it much (ii) it buzzed like a bastard when powered from a wall-wart (iii) having it secured to the board would have been a PITA when it were time for a battery change. I am now on PedalBoard MkIV and have not missed having the wah ... if I ever needed it all I have to do is put in a battery and use a short patch lead between it and the first pedal on the board.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Wah goes off board for me. It’s more convenient for me to be able to move it separately from the main board. 
  • Eventide H9 with expression pedal. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Yeah just sold it last week. Just didn't use it enough to warrant having one :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Not had anqah for years either.

I could use the h9 and the expression pedal to give me a way sound but I have no desire to do so.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    I went Wah less about 3 years ago...never felt the need to get one since. 

the acquiring side of me has thought of getting one...but that soon passes before i actually purchase.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    Tried and failed. I love Wah, it’s so expressive (in a real-time way) compared to most pedals. I have a Mayer mounted to my pedaltrain and it’s perfect ergonomically for me. I could use the space for other pedals but I have it mid-chain so it needs to be where it is. 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5175
    Haven’t had a Wah for a few years now.... I found using it like patting your head while  rubbing your tummy..
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12924
    I've got one but it only gets plugged in on special occasions. Could easily live without one. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    Wah is an art. Very few know how to use it properly.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>