Mr Dyson

What's Hot
...it seems has stopped developing corded vacuum cleaners!!, me thinks there is method to his madness?, rechargeable battery lifespan maybe?.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28421
    Maybe he's realised cordless are simpler so his inept designers won't make so many daft mistakes with them.

Y'know, like hoses so stiff they pull the vacuum cleaner over at half stretch... 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72427
    Or he’s realised that rechargeable batteries have a more limited lifespan than the rest of the machine.

I like my Dyson, but I got 12 years out of the last one, which may not fit his repeat-purchase model...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11879
    I bought a Cinetic Big Ball Animal last September, it is cumbersome to use compare to the cordless V6 but it sucks up everything you throw at it.  Really good vacuum cleaner. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    The great thing about the Dyson cordless is that just as you are getting bored of hoovering, the battery runs out. Which makes it my favourite hoover of all time.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2923
    I bought a Cinetic Big Ball Animal last September, it is cumbersome to use compare to the cordless V6 but it sucks up everything you throw at it.  Really good vacuum cleaner. 
    Also got one of these direct from Dyson last week.  Bye eck! its heavy, but im beginning to think its powered by a black hole as nothing stands in its way.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7884
    I’m seriousjy considering getting a chordless. My Dyson (about a year old) has a super stiff power cable, it seems to snag in everything.  
    Its a good vacuum cleaner, but a bit of a lump. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Chris777 said:
    ...it seems has stopped developing corded vacuum cleaners!!, me thinks there is method to his madness?, rechargeable battery lifespan maybe?.
    I think people prefer to buy cordless ones .. my local John Lewis only stocks a couple with cables. The rest are cordless. I'd say more consumer preference ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Fretwired said:

I think people prefer to buy cordless ones .. my local John Lewis only stocks a couple with cables. The rest are cordless. I'd say more consumer preference .. 
    Probably that. When was the last time you saw a corded electric shaver/beard trimmer?

Although I sometimes miss mine when the current one decides to run out of charge halfway through a trim!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Well that sucks.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11313
    I bought a Cinetic Big Ball Animal last September, it is cumbersome to use compare to the cordless V6 but it sucks up everything you throw at it. 
    The number of ways that could be taken out of context is huge!

I don't know how much the drive to cordless-ness is a fashion thing or a technological thing. It wuldn't be the first time that the solution which is better from a tech point of view gets left behind because someone who probably doesn't use the product considers it to be more aesthetically pleasing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2440
    I suppose that EU legislation limiting hoover power and advances in battery tech mean it's realistic to make a cordless hoover that's every bit as powerful as a corded one and still has decent battery life
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    TheMarlin said:
    I’m seriousjy considering getting a chordless.
    Me too, I hate it when my Henry starts on those G# Diminished and C Minor riffs.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10423
    I've had a few dysons but for the last 5 years have had a Henry as the simplicity of the design means there's very little it won't suck up. 
    It's a good electronic's hoover in as much as if you accidentally hoover up a load of screws and tools when hoovering your bench it's relatively east to retrieve them  
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Danny1969 said:
    I've had a few dysons but for the last 5 years have had a Henry as the simplicity of the design means there's very little it won't suck up.
    Same here. I had Dysons for 15 years then bought a Henry last year. Much better. Bagless is a lie, bags are good.
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2923
    Philtre said:
     Bagless is a lie, bags are good.
    But that pretty much all it comes down to.  I hate the faff of dealing with bags.  We never have a new one when they run out so bagless for me is much easier to deal with even if Im emptying the bloody thing every few minutes.

• kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    ICBM said:

Probably that. When was the last time you saw a corded electric shaver/beard trimmer?

Although I sometimes miss mine when the current one decides to run out of charge halfway through a trim!
    i can get 3 weeks from my Wahl cordless, it’s really not the same thing. You barely 3/4 hr from a cordless vacuum 
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Went for a job at Dyson years ago. Didn't get it. But interesting to get a glimpse of what it's like to work there. Very innovat
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11879
    Also got one of these direct from Dyson last week.  Bye eck! its heavy, but im beginning to think its powered by a black hole as nothing stands in its way.  
    It’s lighter than a Henry, no big deal.
    The only real issue I have with my new Big Ball Animal is knowing which combination of the 375 different tools and hoses is necessary for a particular job.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • We love our Dyson v6 cordless  We have the animal attachment from a previous generation  and it deals with long border collie fur and cat fur no trouble.

Battery life is plenty enough to do the "busy carpets" in one go, and bedrooms in another.