Mr Dyson

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11600
    tFB Trader
    I bought the Dyson V8 absolute last year and it's been amazing - changed the way I vacuum clean. 
    But we still have a trusty old electrolux in the workshop - however I have thought about getting a bagless one more than once when a colleague has accidentally sucked up a guitar part he shouldn't have and has to cut open the bag to investigate if the rattling sound was anything important.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72435

But we still have a trusty old electrolux in the workshop - however I have thought about getting a bagless one more than once when a colleague has accidentally sucked up a guitar part he shouldn't have and has to cut open the bag to investigate if the rattling sound was anything important.
    I have an old Nilfisk GS90 in the workshop - one of its advantages is that the way the hose is attached and feeds straight into the bag means that if you suck up anything you don't want to, you can almost always get it out again by taking the hose off and looking straight into the bag with a torch - the object is almost always right in the middle just inside the entrance, where it can be reached with a magnetic grabber or a teaspoon gaffer taped to a bit of dowel :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• HaychHaych Frets: 5654
    Slightly off topic, I know, but I always hoped Mr Dyson would apply his cyclone vortex technology to creating a diesel particulate filtration system that actually worked without needing a regen process. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• SporkySporky Frets: 28423
    Haych said:
    Slightly off topic, I know, but I always hoped Mr Dyson would apply his cyclone vortex technology to creating a diesel particulate filtration system that actually worked without needing a regen process. 
    Given that "his" cyclone system is just a small-scale version of the cyclonic dust separators that had been used in woodworking and other industrial plants for decades before Dyson was born, I think they'd be an excellent solution.

They do rely a bit on gravity though, so might impact packaging for vehicle use. Probably fairly simple on lorries though.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5654
    Sporky said:
    Haych said:
    Given that "his" cyclone system is just a small-scale version of the cyclonic dust separators that had been used in woodworking and other industrial plants for decades before Dyson was born, I think they'd be an excellent solution.

They do rely a bit on gravity though, so might impact packaging for vehicle use. Probably fairly simple on lorries though.
    Yeah I appreciate he didn’t invent the technology and just reapplied existing science but I do wonder if it’s a tech that could be reapplied to the automotive industry. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11879
    Henry. End of thread.
    I have one of those too, the Dyson is better.
  • I have the V6 Absolute, AM06 and AM09, I think they are all very good, pricey if you buy them at retail, still a bit OTT if you get them Dyson Refurb but I still think they are great products and glad I purchased them.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72435
    Henry. End of thread.
    I don't get the Henry love either. There's one at work... it's not even as good as my Nilfisk. 

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10424
    Take the bag out of a Henry and it's a great workshop hoover. I have one by my bench 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11314
    I have the V6 Absolute, AM06 and AM09, I think they are all very good, pricey if you buy them at retail, still a bit OTT if you get them Dyson Refurb but I still think they are great products and glad I purchased them.
    How many vacuum cleaners do you need?
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28423
    ICBM said:
    Henry. End of thread.
    I don't get the Henry love either. There's one at work... it's not even as good as my Nilfisk. 
    I wouldn't have one as a house hoover, but it's great in the workshop.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."