Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Peach have just put a Hudson Broadcast 2-button custom SKU up for preorders this morning...

What's Hot

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5422
    John is on holiday and said in the R8 thread that inquiries should go via phone or email to Peach, he’s not terribly likely to check in here again for a while. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    @Whitecat thanks!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Whitecat said:
    John is on holiday and said in the R8 thread that inquiries should go via phone or email to Peach, he’s not terribly likely to check in here again for a while. 
    He's all over the R8 thread to be fair
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Whitecat said:
    Yeah he said he wouldn’t be about 20 pages ago there! :)
    Whitecat said:
    Whitecat said:
    Which I havent read as I'll never own a Les Paul! If Peach can respond to the LP thread its a shame they cant keep is updated on this one too, but I supose there is much more profit in each LP sold.....
    And, yes I have emailed Hudson a week ago...no reply and awaiting a reply to an email to Peach....

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    paulnb57 said:
    Whitecat said:
    Whitecat said:
    Which I havent read as I'll never own a Les Paul! If Peach can respond to the LP thread its a shame they cant keep is updated on this one too, but I supose there is much more profit in each LP sold.....
    And, yes I have emailed Hudson a week ago...no reply and awaiting a reply to an email to Peach....

Its frustrating bud, I bought a used one. 
    I was told it would be one week on the day I cancelled. I'm not sure if I was in the first batch of 24 though. 

The only consolation I can offer is that it is worth the wait. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    edited August 2018
    paulnb57 said:
    Whitecat said:
    Whitecat said:
    Yeah he said he wouldn’t be about 20 pages ago there!

Its frustrating bud, I bought a used one. 
    I was told it would be one week on the day I cancelled. I'm not sure if I was in the first batch of 24 though. 

The only consolation I can offer is that it is worth the wait. 
    It is frustrating and I do sympathise with @peachguitars.com as Hudson have had alleged supplier issues, however it costs nowt to keep folk informed.....they managed a comment on the LP thread a few minutes ago...

I’m absolutely loving mine. Bear with it a little longer!
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    No supplier issues with mine... I built my own 3 knob version from Tagboards layouts =) . Used a CV7005 Ge transistor which I believe is the British military equivilant of an OC71. Not sure how close it is to the original Hudson, but I'm really liking it. For me the Low Cut is critical to getting the right sound.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Peach replied, Next week.......

• Octafish said:
    No supplier issues with mine... I built my own 3 knob version from Tagboards layouts =) . Used a CV7005 Ge transistor which I believe is the British military equivilant of an OC71. Not sure how close it is to the original Hudson, but I'm really liking it. For me the Low Cut is critical to getting the right sound.
    The low cut is honestly the best part about this pedal. I love it
    How very rock and roll
    Someone should do a demo to demonstrate the effect each knob has?.....

• paulnb57 said:
    Someone should do a demo to demonstrate the effect each knob has?.....
    2 are volume and one is gain. I think we all know the drill :-)

Bass cut, you can guess what that does :-D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I do try and reply where I can but the R8 thread did go silly. I did say that the best way to contact us was directly. I guess it’s impossible for us all to see every comment 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m sure if you give the store a bell direct you’ll get an update. At the end of the day messages and posts on a forum are easily missed, where as the store will always be monitored for customer service enquiries etc.

I’m sure they have a huge amount coming in via their official channels as it is, so the fact that John takes the time to keep an eye on discussions on here is a bonus.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I do try and reply where I can but the R8 thread did go silly. I did say that the best way to contact us was directly. I guess it’s impossible for us all to see every comment 
    It does seem a bit odd that folks will post on forums to make indirect/passive enquiries rather than just pick up the phone.

Any person these days seems to have  to deal with a minimum of five channels of inbound comms even as an individual let alone as a business.

Most times I’ve needed an answer from a firm that is staffed by human beings rather than corporate drones I’ve just picked up the phone and had it sorted within two minutes . 

Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Fair point...

• I’d say it’s worth the wait, the pedal is mega!
    Might find out this week...

• algroves1 said:
    I’d say it’s worth the wait, the pedal is mega!
    @impmann might back that up
    I think he was quite surprised by mine earlier